Any body ever polished thier blued bolts?

22-250hunter

was looking and seen a video from midwayusa and he polished the bolt in is bolt action one for looks and two a more smooth action just wondering if anyone had done this before i try it

was looking and seen a video from midwayusa and he polished the bolt in is bolt action one for looks and two a more smooth action just wondering if anyone had done this before i try it

Polishing a bolt will make it operate smoother as long as you don't over do it. To much polishing can reduce the diameter and make it loose in the action.

I like to jewel bolts because it polishes and makes it retain lubricants better.

The SPS Remington bolts and other bolts with a rough black finish really benefit from some sort of polishing.

J E CUSTOM

Thanks i figured it would make it worse if you over done it but i just wanted to make sure that i just wouldnt be messing up all together thanks for the help bud!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.