Any one ever use Blue Arms Gunsmithing by Boise?

BergerBoy

I'm NOT a patriot... I am a U.S. Constitutionalist
Forgive me if this is not the place to do this but I had a budy recommend "his guy" to me and I decided to give him a try. I hope it was not a mistake because he has no idea about bullet stabiization and/or propper twist. Maybe he just had a bad day.
He sounds very sharp other than that...

Tony at Blue Arms Gunsmithing. Anyone ever use him? like dislike?

Thanks

I have no clue about this outfit, but I hate seeing no one respond.

What are you having done?

LOL....Thanks. I am having him possibly chamber a barrel for me and correct a muzzle brake that was not put on correctly. Maybe more.... I saw a 338 LM he made put 5 rounds inside the same hole at 100 yds. So me being desperate for a smith, I thought I'd have him look at my 300.
He says that he has been doing this for over 26 years and he seems bright when I speak to him but then he tries to aurgue with me that I need a 1-13 twist for my 300 wm when I shoot the Berger 230's. WTH???? I have a 1-9 twist now. %90 or more of 300 wm have a 1-10 twist, Sako has a 1-11..... You have been doing this for 26 years and you don't know what the normal twist is for a 300wm?? He has not worked on it yet. I feel like just saying "don't worry about it.... I'm on my way to pick it up.....:"
So I didn't want to blast the guy online I just wanted to hear some feed back, hopefully positive.
Thanks

He and another guy named John started Blue Arms on State St. in Boise about the time he is talking about. John did all the rifle work and Tony did all the Shotguns and pistols. John ended up moving back to Montana and then Tony became a one man show. Before I started doing all my own work I had John build a couple guns for me. He screwed one of them up and I ended up buying my own lathe after that. The was in 1992. I know someone on here that has a rifle made by Tony. He goes by "upacreek" I believe.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.