Any (7mm-08 / H414 [or 760] / 139SST) 1st hand experience?

Thanks @jimbires - my gut feeling is 50g is max for my rifle ... my ejector plunger showed up STRONG at 50.6 ... I'm one to say stay a min of .5g below that at same temps ... your 70F output as compared to the 45F output would appear to validate that caution. I'm likely best off to be in the 47-48.5g window ... there was strong accuracy node there ... so long as the chrony is just "Off" but still "consistent". That would appear from your QL's at 45 and 70 to put me in the 2800-2900 fps window depending on final load and temp which seems very normal/safe. I'm betting I'll have to come up with a different name - I don't think "The Unicorn" is going to fit this rifle after I get some accurate velocity measurements.

Let me know if you have an itch to "gift" that labradar and upgrade to a newer one 😁

1615253339812.png

Last edited:
I've been loading 47gr of Win 760 in my wife's Rem 700 with a 24" barrel. It's Running 2887 FPS average with my magnetospeed. She shoots 1/4 MOA groups with it. I'm m not going to try shoot a group with it because I'm sure it's not going to be that good!

Thanks @Kerryt38 - that seems perfectly in line with the output from @jimbires Quickload analysis - yours being a bit higher with the extra 2" pipe ...

I hear ya on not trying to match or outdo her groups - some things you just don't want to know ... talk about a "lose - lose" situation! LOL

I run a 22" 7mm08 loaded with 140 TTSx and 47.5 grains of H414 at 2875 FPS. This is on the high end for my rifle. Need to be careful if it's 100 degrees out her in CA during blacktail season.

Seems like the 2850-2900 window should be where I should expect to be with a safe load ...

Thanks much for that input @coueskiller43

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.