Another recommendation thread: Need a direct thread, light weight .264 to .308 suppressor, user serviceable, plus whatever you recomend....

Kinda wonder if silencer shop depends on dealer. I had an excellent experience with my local silencer shop dealer. I called him, told him I wanted a silencerco harvester evo, he had it shipped to the store like a week later. I went in did my kiosk thing, certified like 2 days later. Got my stamp in 6 months thanks to ATF not meeting 90 day times.
Admittedly I have not ordered a can through Silencer Shop only accessories. But my point above is based on experience both past and present with ordering accessories from them.

Most recently I ordered some tubes of Rocksett from them, it took the 3 weeks to ship this and it was in stock. There's no need to have to put up with slow service like that on even a small item.

I have a ultra 7 and dominus. Both good cans and light. Right now I'm running the dominus as a primary on my shorty prc. Really happy with tbac products overall. Worth a look

Like others have said, serviceability isn't that important. I only care about it for rimfire or pistol.

I personally look at each suppressor purchase for a specific category. I also do a lot of research and talk with a lot of people that have a lot of different cans, especially great if you can find folks at the counter that hunt/shoot with them all. It sounds like the TB Ultra 7 would be hard to beat for your purposes, though it isn't the cheapest.

What competes with the Thunderbeast Ultra 7?
Nothing, just get it. Modularity, serviceability, anything other than Ti welded together, it all just adds weight and doesn't get you anything. If you need to change a direct thread TBAC send it to them and they'll replace the insert. Or order a brake-mount and leave a brake screwed into it all the time, same thing.

The company has been around along time, will be around a long time, good customer service, known quality, supports shooting, and they pick up the phone when you call. The Ultras aren't the newest, flashiest, fanciest bit of gizmo that you'll get told to spend money on, but they flat work and are a safe purchase.

There's no comparison between any TBAC Ultra side by side with an Omega, the design differences are very apparent. One is purpose built to be lightweight, the other is highly modular and as a result heavier.

Admittedly I have not ordered a can through Silencer Shop only accessories.
Their network is the most useful part. I'll order from Mile High Shooting and have cans sent to Defender in downtown, they use an SS kiosk so the process is all digital including fingerprints, but the only involvement of SS is on the paperwork side and seems to be very fast.

Last edited:
another vote for the TBAC ultra series .. IMO they're the best cans made.

the best all around that I've seen, shot, HAVE is the Ultra 9 for anything 300 rum and down and the 338 ultra is simply amazing on anything

as far as cleaning TBAC actually has a simple way and solution when its time to clean ..

I ordered my first silencers through silencer central on 12/27 ( merry Christmas to me ). They just arrived on 10/21. I got tbac ultra 9 in .30, direct thread and obviously have only had it for a few days and love it. I also picked up their banish 45 and have no complaints. As far as silencer central, they made a process that I was unfamiliar with very easy. They also suck at customer service and doing anything in a timely fashion. The only thing they did quickly was charge my credit card. The reason I didn't get my silencers for 10 months was because they don't do anything in a timely manner, I have all the dates they submitted paperwork and it is embarrassing how they sat on paper work for three plus months. Also, their sales people tried to change my mind and sell me their products first even though I had called already knowing what I wanted. Don't let them change your mind.
I am not saying don't use them, just be prepared for a longer than needed process.
Buy one of the tbac ultas and you won't be sorry.

I own four suppressors:
Rimfire (Dead Air Mask)
Pistol only (SiCo Octane)
Multipurpose (Liberty Mystic X)
High volume (SiCo Saker 7.62)

I have been researching the fifth which will be the precision rifle/lightweight hunting can for several months. The following advice is based on that research and having shot behind these (and others) belonging to other people or at demos.

Direct thread only:
1) TBAC
2) SiCo Evo

Direct thread and other mount options:
1) Energetic Armament LUX
2) Dead Air Nomad Ti

I call thirds on the ultra7 or newer TBAC models in that size class. I sell silencers. I have my personal biases as we all do, but the facts and features are what they are. Nobody makes cans like TBAC.
I run a 5" ultra on a 16" 308 and a 26" 280ai and a 9" ultra on a bunch of stuff. The 5" isn't "quiet" but it is short. The 9" is a real sound eater. Animals spook less around the 9" than if you shoot off a hay stack. Even pronghorn and whiteys mill about after a shot through a 9".
The 7" is just a tad louder but lighter & shorter too.

The .264 cal is a proven winner, but... the .30 cal has a "great" track record as well, many times it comes down to, "the random elevation of a semi-precious piece of metal". Good luck Cheers

I have a Liberty Mystic I just sent off to upgrade to the Infinite core. 9mm can that will handle rifle rounds and is user serviceable. Waiting on it to arrive.
I also use a Thunder Beast Ultra 7. Great silencer.

Just know that your rifle zero may shift with the suppressor installed/removed. All of mine do so. It is repeatable so I can note the shift and dial the correction back and forth but it is something to keep up with in the heat of the moment hunting. One heavy, old school suppressor had a solid 2 mil vertical shift down @ 100 yds when installing the can on a 6.5 Grendel.

Quote from #8. " Sico Omega is much heavier and recommends NOT using lead projectiles. I assume they mean unjacketed lead projectiles, but the weight rules them out for me anyhow....."

I personally would not shoot lead bullets through any sealed/non user serviceable can. Lube and lead quickly build up. If your intentions are to shoot cast bullets, I would continue the search for something user serviceable. If I misunderstood, ignore and carry on!

If you are planning on cast bullets, take a look at the Liberty Infiniti X. Note that it does have some barrel length restrictions, especially with magnum rifle rounds. I use a cheap Amazon soda blaster to clean rimfire and pistol can internals. The lead melts away easy and much less hazardous/messy than chemicals.

one thing that has not been addressed is the OP said he would like to ( take the suppressor off and leave it behind ) I do not know why you would do that because I have found that point of impact changes with the can on and off. on 2 of my rifles a 30.06 and 6.5-284 up to 6 inches lower and 4 inches to the left so mine stay on all the time, by the way both a Banish 30 from Silencer Central but never again for the previous reasons