Another question.....

BenY 2013

Sorry to keep asking questions but I want to learn all I can. I've wondered for a long time what exactly MOA is. So could someone in the simplest terms they can explain this for me? Thanks for any help.....

Minute of Angle.

In simple terms it is close to 1" at 100 yards, ( 1.047" to be exact)

2" at 200

3" at 300

4" at 400 ect ect

10" at 1000 yards and on and on

Not at all, it all depends on what round you are shooting some rounds have more drop than others. Do not look at it that way at all. You dial your scope to the specific ballistics of your gun. Some may be 10 MOA at 400 yards, while others may be 5MOA at 400 yards.

A simple way to explain how to adjust with MOA would be...say your scope adjusts in 1/4 MOA increments. Obviously, 4 clicks = 1 MOA. So, you take a shot at 400 yards and find your POI is 6" low and 3" left.

You know 1 MOA at 400 yards = 4". And you're 6" low. So, you click in 1.5 MOA (6 clicks) on your scope 'up'...that moves your POA 6" up.

You're 3" left. Once again, 1 MOA at 400 yards = 4". So, 3/4 MOA = 3" ...so 3 clicks right.

Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.