Another new old rifle! 8mm mauser shooters, chime in! (And anyone else)

The early Huskies were basically '96 and '98 Mausers that were built as sporters. The later versions had a more complex trigger with a built in safety. Both types of triggers can be tuned with a bit of work but the later ones especially should be left in the hands of a trained professional. Aftermarket triggers are available with easier adjustments and may not cost much more than paying a professional.

The early Huskies were basically '96 and '98 Mausers that were built as sporters. The later versions had a more complex trigger with a built in safety. Both types of triggers can be tuned with a bit of work but the later ones especially should be left in the hands of a trained professional. Aftermarket triggers are available with easier adjustments and may not cost much more than paying a professional.
Yeah, they're tough to get right and easy to do wrong if a reputable Smith isn't employed. I don't do them.

Got a nice load right around 48-50 grains of cfe223 but I'm gonna change powders and work up a new load just because the cfe223 appears to be sensitive as all heck to temperature swings.

But it gave me useful data nonetheless.

Around 2550 fps with the 196 ppu soft point.