Another Henson Aluminum tipped Bullet Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
the man has told no lies or made any untrue boasts.
he has handled the nay sayers with kid gloves as far as i am conserned.

If you are Henson and this is your hand-picked representative, I would not want to try these bullets even if they are good because they will not be around very long.

JWP,

For reasons already listed in this thread, photos will not be posted. There are way too many variables and since all photos can/could be altered, they provide no more proof than without photos. Heck, unless you have a crowd of witnesses, it is hard to prove that the wound channel in any photo is from a specific bullet or cartridge. Unfortunately, I don't take witnesses hunting with me. We can see no reason why someone would believe a photo over a written report given that photos can/could be altered.

Lightvarmint

I'm not buying that explanation.

Here's the lungs from a 300 grain SMK on my Elk from this year

ElkHuntNewMexico2008066.jpg

more damage from the 300 grain SMK

ElkHuntNewMexico2008016.jpg

A Deers heart from a flat point hard cast from a 475 revolver

DeerHeart.jpg

Not difficult and a Picture is worth a thousand words

If you are Henson and this is your hand-picked representative, I would not want to try these bullets even if they are good because they will not be around very long.

Yes this is Henson and he is my hand picked tester.
Yes they are very good and depending on your age or mine they will be around as long as I am mabey longer than you are..
rg...

I tried unsuccessfully to stay outa this but just wanted a few people here to know that I am one of the former potential customers. Not willing to post a photo because it would most likely be altered by someone with an axe to grind? Asinine and infantile. Customer skills? None that are positive that I can see. I won't do business with folks like that.

Someone said it earlier, credibility is not a gift...it has to be earned. GG has earned his credibility and my respect. Nuff said.

Quite a sales rep you've got there GREYGHOSTt. You'll have to sell your bullets to someone else.

Festus

Lightvarmint, you and Greyghost seem to have lost sight of why the guys on Long Range Hunting are interested in a high BC HAT bullet in the first place !! ( LOOOONG RANGE HUNTING ) not 400 or 189 or even 450yds on a nice bull !! We don't need a high BC bullet at those ranges and a 25-06 would have done the same job, with the same result on the deer, quite a bit further too.

The 338 Snipe Tac is capable of taking Elk at twice the range of those three kills with the yardages added up. The question is will the HAT open up and perform on big game at extreme ranges???? At a lower terminal velocity???

Lightvarmit, shooting a truck load of does at 400 yds with a HAT at 3000fps won't prove anything about it's long range capability !!! Lets hear about a deer that you shot through the lungs at 800, 900, or even a 1000yds and Show us the damage!!! If the bullet performs, great, the bullet will sell itself! If it doesn't, fix it !!! No reason to shoot a high BC bullet at big game if it turns into Field Arrow at Long Range!!

Greyghost it's pretty obvious that you're good friends with Lightvarmint or you would be able to see how his bad attitude and Ample arrogance is affecting your business !! --- RHB

Lightvarmint, you and Greyghost seem to have lost sight of why the guys on Long Range Hunting are interested in a high BC HAT bullet in the first place !! ( LOOOONG RANGE HUNTING ) not 400 or 189 or even 450yds on a nice bull !! We don't need a high BC bullet at those ranges and a 25-06 would have done the same job, with the same result on the deer, quite a bit further too.

The 338 Snipe Tac is capable of taking Elk at twice the range of those three kills with the yardages added up. The question is will the HAT open up and perform on big game at extreme ranges???? At a lower terminal velocity???

Lightvarmit, shooting a truck load of does at 400 yds with a HAT at 3000fps won't prove anything about it's long range capability !!! Lets hear about a deer that you shot through the lungs at 800, 900, or even a 1000yds and Show us the damage!!! If the bullet performs, great, the bullet will sell itself! If it doesn't, fix it !!! No reason to shoot a high BC bullet at big game if it turns into Field Arrow at Long Range!!

Greyghost it's pretty obvious that you're good friends with Lightvarmint or you would be able to see how his bad attitude and Ample arrogance is affecting your business !! --- RHB

Pherhaps googrouper's signature says it best.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
- Winston Churchill

the man has told no lies or made any untrue boasts.
he has handled the nay sayers with kid gloves as far as i am conserned.

So that's what you call evasive and arrogant, huh "Kid Gloves". Long range results with pictures. That's certainly not asking too much or at least slow the velocity down to "long range" speeds. and again with pictures of the wound channel

Last edited:
Would someone be able to help me with putting a picture on this page? I have sent one to photo bucket but am unable to figure it out how to get it here, I printed the instructions from ss7mm on this site but my screen is different than the directions. Thank you, Ron Tilley

Gentlemen, I am totally confused at all the conflab that is occurring here. Fiftydriver was pleading for someone to get to work and produce a good AL tipped high BC hunting bullet a couple of months ago. Now we have a man that has tackled the problem and either has or is very close to having the answer. The only way to see if they perform to your standards is to obtain some of them and go shoot something with them at the velocity and ranges you are concerned about. If you dont like the Hensons then get some from up North if you can get the manufacturer answer the phone or return an e-mail. Again I have no dog in this hunt but I am beginning to suspect that there is more to this than meets the eye. If Mr Henson produces a projectile that will perform on game and can produce 1/2 min accuracy while slipping through the air with substantially less drag than what is currently available, I will buy them and I dont care how grouchy he is. Mr Henson, hang with the riggin, if you build them they will come.

Would someone be able to help me with putting a picture on this page? I have sent one to photo bucket but am unable to figure it out how to get it here, I printed the instructions from ss7mm on this site but my screen is different than the directions. Thank you, Ron Tilley
I can either help you out or post them for you, either way, just let me know.

If you want them posted you can email them to me at: [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.