Henson Aluminum Tipped Bullet Meat test #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lightvarmint

Hello interested shooters,

Drum rolls please...........

It seems as though a customer of Mr Dave Viers of Black Diamond Rifles using a 338 Snipe-Tac dispatched a 900 lb bull Elk in the Missouri Breaks of Montana using one of the Henson .338 265 grain Aluminum Tipped bullets (Gen 1 design as tested by GoodGrouper) with a reported starting velocity of 3455 fps using H50BMG powder. The shot was a little close at 424 yards and the bullet is reported to have penetrated the brisket at an angle and tore up the off-side shoulder.

Congratulations to the shooter/hunter.

Trophy photos (no wound channel or exit wound pictures) taken by the guide are available from the bulletsmith at:

[email protected]

Lightvarmint

Very nice elk. It looks as though EVERYTHING in this hunter's toolbox worked properly for this shot on the elk.

Lightvarmint

I have seen 350 to 380 bulls in the breaks and this one could be close to 350. Long sweeping points on the breaks bulls, they add up fast, just miss the mass sometimes. My friend shot one this year in the breaks with his bow and it's almost identical but a little more mass and it was 356 green, I measured it.

Status
Not open for further replies.