Annoying ads :( :( :(

FEENIX

Not sure if I'm the only one getting it but it's driving NUTS!

Attachments

• Johnson's.JPG
    Johnson's.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 14
At least it's not smut......

One of the other forums I frequent, I get that crap from an Oriental dating site....

The one on here that used to really toast my buns was the John Deere Gator ad that you 'rolled over' and it took the entire screen.

I don't need no stink'in gator..

Poor site management or greed, who knows. Ads pay the site owner money....

I'd like to see Len change the format to a PPV site where you pay a minimal subscription fee and there are no ads at all. I'm on a couple PPV sites that run the software this site runs on and it's nice not to have ANY pop up ads at all.

It can be set up so non subscription users get all the ads, PPV users get none...

I can 'pay to play', No issue with me at all.

I find the constant barrages of ads on this site irritating at times.

Wouldn't it be nice not to see all the commercial advertising????

morning I computer just got serious hacked. had to put a new hard drive in my

computer. was using windows 10 loved the program. after hack attack nothing but

problems. going to buy an apple. can not blame Len. they need to use a very serious firewall.

In the past, once it has been reported or they know about it, they normally make corrective measures.

I understand that advertisement pays for the bills and don't mind them for the most part for as long as they stay static and had to be intentionally clicked or opened to check and NOT uncontrollably appears all over the screen when end user accidentally hovers over or near it.

This one is acting worst than the John Deere one before.

Last edited:
So sorry guys. That is NOT supposed to run as a roll over ad, popping up like that. I'll see how fast we can get it killed.

FEENIX, were you logged in when you saw it? I'm trying to locate the actual ad in order to give direction to the ad network.

I just experienced it myself. Totally annoying. Not supposed to be there...ever.

FEENIX, in the future if you see a popup tell us right away. We will jump on it immediately.

Len,
I was logged in, and kept getting the same ad as shown above at 5:20 am today. It covers most of the page and can't be removed. Johnson's baby stuff and purple stuff cover most of the page. I was trying to post on the "kuiu bummed out" thread.

I PM'd Len yesterday about it. He told me it would be handled today.... Good thing. The only way to remove it. is to log out and log back in..... Pizzer.

Myself, I use Old Spice moisturizing body wash in the shower. Smells good, keeps the skin moist too (in the winter).:)

We are having wonderful weather here...rain and freezing rain but it's not too cold....32 (f).

I see Broadus is 8 degrees. I imagine that Great Falls is cold too.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.