Annealing prior thumbling?

Personal preference. I prefer to anneal prior to tumbling to polish off any impurities that may surface during annealing. I anneal first when starting my case prep sequence as long as the brass is clean and in good shape.
So I could juste wipe off the excès of cabon if their is some and go anneal.

So I could juste wipe off the excès of cabon if their is some and go anneal.
Yes, works for me. I've tried the tumble-anneal-tumble method and the extra step didn't improve my accuracy or ES/SD's... Figured I'd save some time and tumble dirty. Lots of differing opinions but most of us agree to anneal, resize then trim in that order regardless of the other steps you may include during case prep.

Yes, works for me. I've tried the tumble-anneal-tumble method and the extra step didn't improve my accuracy or ES/SD's... Figured I'd save some time and tumble dirty. Lots of differing opinions but most of us agree to anneal, resize then trim in that order regardless of the other steps you may include during case prep.
Thank for the info, guest will just have to had anneling prior or after thumbling and keep with it 😅

Are there any issues with sizing dirty brass? Such as does debri build up inside the sizing die and expander?
I've never had any issues sizing fired brass before cleaning. If brass is that dirty I would think there are some serious problems elsewhere.

I've never had any issues sizing fired brass before cleaning. If brass is that dirty I would think there are some serious problems elsewhere.
its not that the brass is dirty from a bigger problem, but fired brass has deposits on it or we wouldnt need any cleaning step. I was just wondering if there was an increased maintenence or cleaning regimen on the sizing die?

Recent Posts