angle Gizmo

elkstalker300

Fixing to order one of those angle gizmo's from sniper tools, question is without using a PDA do I want the co-sine one or the angle one? As I understand it with the co-sine one you range the target then multiply the range by the co-sine number correct???????

Fixing to order one of those angle gizmo's from sniper tools, question is without using a PDA do I want the co-sine one or the angle one? As I understand it with the co-sine one you range the target then multiply the range by the co-sine number correct???????

Correct. Its important to multiply by the cosine at the proper place in the calculation.

The better place is not cos X laser distance.

There are a couple of terms that are used for this and of course I don't remember either of them.

This was a hot topic a couple of years ago.

Multiply the cosine number to your hold.

Distance to target is 600 yards and the hold is 10 moa.

If you are aiming up or down at a 45 degree angle, the cosine number displayed is .70.

.7 X 10 moa = 7 moa

Multiply the cosine number to your hold.

Distance to target is 600 yards and the hold is 10 moa.

If you are aiming up or down at a 45 degree angle, the cosine number displayed is .70.

.7 X 10 moa = 7 moa

Yep, that's what I was taught. I programed my pda spread sheet that way so as not to have to remember it. I was successful. I didn't remember it.:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts