AMP Mark II Annealer Review

Also you do not have to sacrifice a case you can take the average codes from amps website and use them
The website didn't have a code for my Lapua brass so I emailed Alex and was told that I'd have to send them 4 pieces of brass for analysis. There were codes for different lot numbers of the same brass, but they ranged from 74 to 93. Seemed like too wide of a range to guess at.

Creedmoor Sports sells the unit, but I bought directly from the AMP website to avoid taxes and shipping costs.

Holy shiatsu massage! $1400.
Well, it's a beautiful unit & I'd love to have one but my income doesn't play in that ballpark so the saltbath method will have to remain "good enough". I'm envious.
227E056D-FFF1-4E22-8B85-AF7B6B105CEC.png

I have read a lot of reviews and all the different ways to anneal. The processes, the equipment - the pros & cons. Everything from the Factory made, garage made, home made and the costs associated. I originally was going to make my own 'Induction Annealer" , I always look for ways to save funds and I have manufactured/improved/modified some nice reloading equipment and home made. I am so glad that I finally broke down and purchased an AMP Mark II Annealer instead of manufacturing my own. Sure the cost is high, but you get what you pay for. There is the most used saying in the reloading/firearm/optic community "BUY ONCE- CRY ONCE".
This isn't for the person that only reloads a few cartridges for deer hunting, but if you are a high volume varmint/predator hunter or competition/target shooter - it's for you!

Well today was the first day that I had available to start reloading and annealing brass. I started with a good friend of ours, 6mm Creed.

I annealed 300 cases in no time and they came out perfect.

AWESOME MACHINE AND TECHNOLOGY.

I can't say enough on how much easier, faster and the quality of annealing from the AMP. I'll be annealing after every two firings on brass. I purchased several pilots for a variety of cartridges. Will be annealing my shooting friends brass just to use the AMP.

GREAT Product. I should have bought it a long time ago, but now that the Aztec AMP Mark II is out, I am glad I bought one. I may look into the AMP Mate for auto loading, but it is so fast and easy to do manually not sure about that as of yet. Now I know why other AMP owners on this forum offered to anneal my brass for free (just get the pilot and ship the brass).

I can't say enough good things about this unit. If you reload a lot and anneal your brass, this is the machine to get!
I had a few people as me where is the best place to order an AMP. When you make up your mind and want to purchase, what I consider the BEST brass case annealer, you can order it directly from AMP in New Zealand. Don't worry about the distance because they have distribution centers here and you will get your new AMP in a few days. I found that they have the best prices and check to see if they are giving
US Military discount. Make sure that you order all the Pilots for the cartridges you will be reloading.

While you are on the website check out another new product from AMP. It is the "AMP PRESS". I can't explain as well as the technicians at AMP, but it is another piece of the latest technology, for precision reloading. I have seen other devices that are on the market that measures seating pressure, but this AMP Press takes this testing to a whole new level.

Just bought one myself from Creedmoor Sports,the Mark II was in stock and they're shipping it right out but the 2 pilots are backordered.$1774.55(ouch!)including 2 pilots(300WM and 338LM),shipping,etc.Hoping to make this 338 Lapua brass last as long as possible,almost $900 for 300 pcs.