Amp annealer not working

Boy that is horrible, why I stay from the electronics a bit, seems like today everything is run by chips, So old fashion that I like to stay with what works and is simple, and boy those are pricy with all the different dies you need. Hope your get is worked out, Please, like to know what you find out. Maybe a Rue kicked it before it left Australia. Boy that's great service, I did watch many of their videos and they do work well for sure. Hope this one light the world on fire for you. How long did it take to receive the new one, keep all of us posted and let us know if you find out what was wrong with it.

Update! So received the new one today, and set it up. Working as designed and love how easy it use. Alex stepped up and provided excellent customer service to take care of the situation. that Alone is worth the price of admission but after using it now, it definitely worth every penny. if you have been on the fence about annealing or getting one this is the only way to fly.

Update! So received the new one today, and set it up. Working as designed and love how easy it use. Alex stepped up and provided excellent customer service to take care of the situation. that Alone is worth the price of admission but after using it now, it definitely worth every penny. if you have been on the fence about annealing or getting one this is the only way to fly.

That is so great to hear how Alex stepped up to take care of the issue. I'm still using the torch type, hard to justify spending those kind of $ unless I was going thru 1000 of rounds. But sure like the new stuff you can use these days.

That is so great to hear how Alex stepped up to take care of the issue. I'm still using the torch type, hard to justify spending those kind of $ unless I was going thru 1000 of rounds. But sure like the new stuff you can use these days.
With my work schedule I do not get a lot free time, so time spent doing something no matter what is, is important to me. I have tried the torch and the socket, torch annealer set ups and by the time I get torch set right and the timer set or change out the wheels for the case I'm using I can already have 50 cases done with this unit. For some that have more time on your hands that may not be an issue, but time is money and I would rather spend that time wisely and be the most productive I can be. This unit does that for me. You only live once, use the fine China, drink the wine, eat the desserts, live your life to the fullest as the saying goes. Apply that to your hobbies that you love also. I don't want any regrets when it's time for me to go so if I can swing it, I'm going to give it a try, and very glad that I did. 😁

Agree 100%. Fast, cheap, and easy - pick two. I'm taking fast and easy because I'm not trading time loading that could be spent with my kids if the only cost is some money. AMP annealer is about the same cost as a decent rebarrel job, in the grand scheme of loading $1k isn't a whole lot if you're playing the long range/ELR game.

I get that not everyone has the resources to spend money instead of spending time, and I really admire the guys who make their own tools, but I spend my time getting paid for what I'm good at, and trading that money for speed where I'm not as good.

Boy, did I ever hit a nerve, I so love all the new things that are for reloading, and the annealer is one of them, and do I understand time is money, so just wish I could justify one for me, they really look so cool and work so dam well. But I do most all 08 , 6.5 , 243, and those size so it's quick and does a great job for me, Glad they are so great and stand behind their product

Interesting. I know there is a lot of science and time spent testing the amp but using the flame method with one of the units that has a timer I cant think of the brand to same my life right now its gave me some good consistent reloading. Its the Annealezz unit out of Utah. It just seem to work. I have written down some time for a couple of rifles I load but I have found my slowest time seem to produce the best seating pressure and consistent anneal and how I set the flame for all my brass. But when I retire the Amp going to be on the bucket list along with 2 to 4 custom rifles. 1 or 2 for fun shooting an 2 for serious hunting, and a new serious fishing boat for offshore west coast tuna....If the government doesn't totally screw everything up over the next 12 to 15 years but man it headed that way fast. In the last 6 months I seen my 401k decrease buy 6 figures. Hell the amount its decreased I could have put both kids through collage and bought one new car. Glad you got it fixes. Well enough of the rant.. Need to reload some 308.

Interesting. I know there is a lot of science and time spent testing the amp but using the flame method with one of the units that has a timer I cant think of the brand to same my life right now its gave me some good consistent reloading. Its the Annealezz unit out of Utah. It just seem to work. I have written down some time for a couple of rifles I load but I have found my slowest time seem to produce the best seating pressure and consistent anneal and how I set the flame for all my brass. But when I retire the Amp going to be on the bucket list along with 2 to 4 custom rifles. 1 or 2 for fun shooting an 2 for serious hunting, and a new serious fishing boat for offshore west coast tuna....If the government doesn't totally screw everything up over the next 12 to 15 years but man it headed that way fast. In the last 6 months I seen my 401k decrease buy 6 figures. Hell the amount its decreased I could have put both kids through collage and bought one new car. Glad you got it fixes. Well enough of the rant.. Need to reload some 308.
Boy , I've never seen such a mess in the country, and opening the southern _______ and shutting down are oil supply really has us in a pickle.

My unit stopped working - culprit was steel wool build up - I used steel wool to clean the necks but going forward will use carbon cleaner. BTW, Alex responded instantly to my email - this guy is the best!

My unit stopped working - culprit was steel wool build up - I used steel wool to clean the necks but going forward will use carbon cleaner. BTW, Alex responded instantly to my email - this guy is the best!
I use steel wool also on necks, but I run it thru tumbler with corn cob prior to annealing. No problem so far.

Glad to hear that it was resolved and about the outstanding customer service. I have never encountered any issues with mine, but if I do, knowing that they stand behind their products is awesome.

So, the build up just kept it from working , no other issues from it, the clean-out let it start working again, didn't have to replace any thing else?

So, the build up just kept it from working , no other issues from it, the clean-out let it start working again, didn't have to replace any thing else?
Correct; worked great. Had a ton of steel wool filaments in there. Even tough I wiped the necks clean after using steel wool, apparently I didn't remove it all and it built up to a critical mass.