Ammo alert 7.62x51 ZSR m80 147 gr ball ammo from battlehawk ammo has blown up 4 guns

dgr416

I have been following this on YouTube about the ZSR m80 ammo 7.62x51 ball 147 grain blowing up guns . THEY bought the ammo at battle hawk armory lot 15 .It's splitting relievers and setting the whole magazine of rounds on fire and blowing .It must be loaded with c4 or something. ITS blown up a new Springfield m1 a and a ptr 91 and two other sporter rifles .I figured needed to spread the word before someone gets hurt bad .

I have been following this on YouTube about the ZSR m80 ammo 7.62x51 ball 147 grain blowing up guns . THEY bought the ammo at battle hawk armory lot 15 .It's splitting relievers and setting the whole magazine of rounds on fire and blowing .It must be loaded with c4 or something. ITS blown up a new Springfield m1 a and a ptr 91 and two other sporter rifles .I figured needed to spread the word before someone gets hurt bad .
This is a sad state of affairs. IMHO, ZSR should announce a nationwide recall immediately! And pay for the shipping and refunds!

When you faced enough AK's you get a very big dislike for them. I don't like them, and I don't own one. Not even an SKS. I have an AR-15, but I haven't ever used it and probable won't ever use it. If you been in enough combat, you get a strong dislike for those firearms. At least thats the way I feel.

Legally- the gun manufactures don't have to do anything If it was an ammo/case failure--- good luck getting a Turkish ammo manufacturer to stand behind their ammo.. the best bet might be to try whoever imported it to the us-- not sure they would do anything either.

I had a cheepo semi auto "hatfield" shotgun sold by Walmart ( and a few others) that was made in Turkey.

It had a major flaw in the gas vent system and it would shatter the wood forend when used with heavy loads or slugs --- multiple times. It was a royal pain trying to get responses or parts for it--- eventually over 16 months I was able to get 2 new handguards but they both shattered too---- the 3rd time the company would no longer respond to my calls or emails.

I'm glad no one has been hurt yet. Hopefully the sellers eventually get enough slack that they offer refunds but i doubt much will come from zsr . Time will tell.

From the few pics I've seen, it looks like the brass case is splitting near the head/base/web and causing the venting of gas.

I wonder if anyone has done any pull downs to check powder weights or section a piece of brass to see how thick it is near the head/web.

Last edited:
Legally- the gun manufactures don't jave to do anything If it was an ammo/case failure--- good luck getting a Turkish ammo manufacturer to stand behind theor ammo.. the best bet might be to try whoever imported it to the us-- not sure they would do anything either.

I had a cheepo semi auto "hatfield" shotgun sold by Walmart ( and a few others) that was made in Turkey.

It had a major flaw in the gas vent system and it would shatter the wood forend --- multiple times. It was a royal pain trying to get responses or parts for it--- eventually over 16 months I was able to get 2 new handguards but the both shattered too---- the 2rd time the company would no longer respond to my calls or emails.

I'm glad no one has been hurt yet. Hopefully the sellers eventually get enough slack that they offer refunds but i doubt much will come from zsr . Time will tell.

From the few pics I've seen, it looks like the brass case is splitting near the head/base and causing the venting of gas.

I wonder if anyone has done any pull downs to check powder weights or section a piece of brass to see how thick it is near the head/web.
Sounds like you need to file an unsafe firearms complaint to the FTC.