America's bald eagle population continues to soar

While hunting in Texas I watched an eagle perch next to a cow patty and peck at it. Since lead has been found all over the earth's surface we probably need to do a study of lead on the surface getting into cows. And then the levels of lead in the cow patty and milk and how it could be transferred into eagles and humans. Another reason to just be vegan and eat plants.

Large population of them here. This guy came and watched us ice fishing. We were into the perch hot and heavy so I shared one with him. Black Hills of South Dakota.
20230304_192658.jpg

20230304_192812.jpg

I didn't realize that wind turbines killed that many eagles. Very interesting especially with the push to outlaw lead bullets and split shot for fishing since they supposedly kill eagles.
Those currently in power probably wouldn't care if the wind turbines caused them to become extinct. But one firearm/lead death, oh the horrors!
Agreed! I will NEVER wish for the ban in any lifetime. Sorry, CA.

In the winter, my wife makes a game of counting the bald eagles along the highway in WY on our 35 mile drive to grocery shop.

I don't have a talley of our average, but I guess we see 10-20 many trips, and there are very few trees!
I see a lot of Bald and Golden Eagles between Buffalo and Story or Piney Creek Rd. Like you said, there are very few trees, but a lot of eagles.

There are so many in Eastern NC, NC wildlife is working to open a season on them, but will be non toxic shot only. :p😂🤣

I see them all the time while fishing and they are nesting around where I fish and hunt. So great to see these magnificent birds. Saw one last weekend wearing a MAGA hat. They are smart.