Len's Bald Eagle Photo Trip To Alaska

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Len\'s Bald Eagle Photo Trip To Alaska

standard.jpg

I was in Homer, Alaska recently for 4 days with about 100 bald eagles. Amazing experience. One morning it turned out I wasn't in the best position for the light's direction. Instead of moving to a better spot for pictures, I just sat there enjoying the activity.

Nikon D2H, 300/2.8 with 1.4X, 1/2500 @ F6.3

[ 03-14-2004: Message edited by: Len Backus ]

Re: Len\'s Bald Eagle Photo Trip To Alaska

Len

Why didn't that photo "paste" for you?

Got better I see.

Great photo.

[ 03-14-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]

Great picture, love those eagles.

Len, you sure you didn't just take that picture over by La Crosse, WI? There are a bunch of Bald Eagles hanging out along the Mississippi just north of La Crosse. I was home for Christmas (La Crescent, MN) and drove up along the Mississippi on the MN side and saw them roosting in the trees looking for fish in the river.

Quite a site ...

Doug

Hello, dwm

No, that was too close to home. And you can't get this close to 100 eagles consistently anywhere else in the world. Nor can you get good flight shots of eagles fishing.
standard.jpg

But I may go where you suggest next year anyway.
smile.gif

[ 03-14-2004: Message edited by: Len Backus ]

Len,

May I have a copy of that top photo? If so could you send it to me via e-mail ? Possibly the uncroped one? THat is incredible!

Len,

Nikon D2H is a nice digital camera. Did you use the same camera when you went to Africa, shooting lions and exotic animals?

As for eagle photo above, did you set up the camera in auto (P)? 1/2500 is pretty quick.
Are you a stock photographer or a hobby photographer?

This summer, I might buy Canon 10D.

-Denny

Denny

I took a pair of D1X's two years ago to Kenya. I shoot only for fun. I have a pretty good day job! Selling my stuff would take some of the fun out of the hobby.

Len
Great pixs
If you get a chance post or send me some more eagle pics. My boy is due to get his Eagle scout award this summer and would like to have some pics of eagles to put up in his room or for the award ceremony.

Eagles are sure fun to watch!!

CAM

Great shots Len,
I've got Nikon 35 mm slr I have several lenses I'm just waiting for the digitals to come down in price some more. They've came down a lot in the last 3 or 4 years. Nikon just brought out a new d-70 all my attachments will work on it too!

PS: I think I saw a bit of margerine from your toast on the corner of one of the photos.

I've got a really good spot,northern Va. on the potomac,I always call em in when i'm out for foxes,beautiful birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.