Amazing Lapua brass

Varmint Hunter

I just finished up tweaking my 6.5 Creedmoor load before the whitetail season. I'm running the 140 Berger Elite Hunter Hybrid at 2,750 fps with H4350 in a Lapua SRP case. The very last group I shot was exactly on point of aim and came in at 1.10" @ 418yds.

When I looked back at the plastic ammo box, I noticed that this particular batch of Lapua cases were on their 11th reload. Even with full tilt loads, this stuff just doesn't wear out.

Congratulations to Lapua for producing such a fine product!

Yep for people who balk at the price…it isn't even more expensive if it lasts 2-3 times longer! And it's consistent as all get out.

I have no experience with alpha or adg yet. I do have some lapua and some Peterson brass I use for my .300 win mag. It is far and away superior to any of the "generic" brass. They seem about on par with each other. Lapua is slightly roomier. Peterson just might be even one degree tougher. But 6 of one, half a dozen of the other as they say.

Norma makes awesome brass too: it is soft, it won't last as long as the four I've mentioned BUT I still give credit, it's incredibly consistent both in weight and annealing, grain structure for neck tension, etc…. Just not as tough.

I do still have no problem with the generic brass, and of those I consider Winchester brass to be the best of the bunch IF it's more than two decades old haha. They're newer stuff seems poor in comparison. Brittle. But older Winchester brass is notably tougher than Remington or federal or ppu or the old Canadian imperial/dominion stamped brass and had the highest internal volume too, at least in .300 win mag, .270 win, .30-30 and .243 win

Two brass brands (not to be confused with brass bands) I nearly loathe are Hornady and Nosler. The most overpriced-for-what-it-is junk on the market. I'll happily pay for proudly own PPU brass that isn't pretending to be something it isn't! Nosler especially: in many cases their product is even pricier than Peterson and they're not even remotely comparable (Peterson kicks their butt)

I have Lapua brass for all of my rifles, where they actually make brass for the particular cartridge. Just switched a 7WSM to 7PRC because of the brass issue. I've got Peterson brass for the 7PRC because no Lapua cases have been produced in 7PRC yet.

I'm running Lapua in the 6mmBR too. I know guys who have reloaded their Lapua BR cases over 20x and they are still competitive.

Last edited:
I have Lapua brass all of my rifles, where they actually make brass for the particular cartridge. Just switched a 7WSM to 7PRC because of the brass issue. I've got Peterson brass for the 7PRC because no Lapua cases have been produced in 7PRC yet.

I'm running Lapua in the 6mmBR too. I know guys who have reloaded their Lapua BR cases over 20x and they are still competitive.
Hahaha I hear ya about cases. One of my friends who shoots but doesn't reload always seems very troubled by my headstamps not always "telling the truth" haha - I did form some 7mm rem mag by Peterson into .257 bee brass (neck is a bit short doing this) for the same reason.

Form 358 Norma from 300 win mag, have also formed it from 375 Hh (but the resulting case has way more taper, gets blown out proper on the first firing) and even some .458 Lott brass I randomly had - form 8mm Mauser from 30-06.