Amazing range results!! Take a look!!

matt_3479

i dropped my gun and scope the other day in the field and i dropped it really hard!! I went to our field and set up some targets. I realized while i was here i might as well test it from ranges 100-500 yards. I was trying to make myself a drop chart i just haven't gotten around to doing it. My first target was set up at 100 yards and the scope moved 2 " down. I re-adjusted and its back to zero.

My second target was set up at 203 yards. My first 3 shots was 2" low and was about 1.25" at 200 yards, so i re-adjusted and made corrections on my drop chart and fired 2 more shots. This time my shots were 1: low and and it was an amazing 5/8" group at 200 yards. I re-adjusted for the last time and fired 2 more shots. this time it was 15/16" and just low of center!! man was i excited.

My third target was set up at 306 yards. My first 3 shots again were about 1.5" low and were an amazing 1.6" at 300 yards!! I fired a 4th shot and felt myself jerk and i was off. i re-adjusted and fired a single shot to see how my adjustment was and it was about 2.5 " high right above the center.

My third target was 500 yards on the nose. This was my second time with this rifle at ranges past 100 yards and it was the first time i really sat down to try. (first time was a bet between my old man, all his friends and myself) the wind was moving at this point and i fired another 2 shot group. They measured an amazing 2". it was off to the right about 4-5". The wind died and i fired another 2 shot group that was and INCREDIBLE 1.5" at 500 yards!!! I then asked my sister to fire the rifle. Her first time shooting this gun or anything bigger then 22. LR. and she hit the 500 yard target on her first shot!! she was in the bottom corner but still on the paper!

This is a factory remington model 700 sps varmint 243. win shooting factory federal premium 80 grain soft points!

i bought this gun as my introduction into long range varmint hunting and target shooting and man am i excited.

This is the 1.5" group at 500 yards. I know i was only shooting 2 shot groups but it was getting dark and fast, and i took my sister and was trying to get her into the whole shooting and hunting idea so i had to let her shoot the 22 LR in between each target.

Here is a pic
shooting014.jpg
[/IMG]

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.