Alliant Powders suspends sales of reloading powders

To be correct Vista Outdoors does not make any powder. They distribute powder just like Hodgdon. It may actually be Federal that does the distribution. Federal is being spun off with the other ammunition companies to the Czechs. Vista Outdoors may be losing the ability to supply powder if Federal is the actual packager/distributer. Vista Outdoors has said in the past they won't out of the shooting sports market.

Just wait until WW3 starts. Better be setting on a good supply because you will get nothing.
Often, I am stunned at how many people do not understand this and in numerous items. The US has outsourced so much manufacturing to China and elsewhere, we will see shortages in most everything. Imagine WWII type of rationing and shortages in today's US.

Often, I am stunned at how many people do not understand this and in numerous items. The US has outsourced so much manufacturing to China and elsewhere, we will see shortages in most everything. Imagine WWII type of rationing and shortages in today's US.
They rationed gas, ladies nylons, rubber products. Lights out after dark if you lived on the east coast. Food costs will skyrocket. Better get your recipe for black bird pot pie out. Squirrel and dumpling.

RCBS sold to hodgdon powder company and vista sold to CSG .

Actually Vista Outdoor split the holdings into Revelyst (the Sporting business) and The Kinetic Group (Ammunition) and it was Revelst that sold RCBS liquidating anything firearm related from their portfolio. The Kinetic Group has not been sold off yet.

Nitrocellulose is used to make primers, brass, bullets, hamburgers, Teslas, cereal topping to keep Biden's brain going, and TP during COVID.

It's the #1 ingredient in crude oil.

I've also heard it cures cancer so they're stock piling for massive cures.

The military now fills all tires with it.

So you see, there's not enough for the average reloader.

They rationed gas, ladies nylons, rubber products. Lights out after dark if you lived on the east coast. Food costs will skyrocket. Better get your recipe for black bird pot pie out. Squirrel and dumpling.
Hey, I already know about black bird pie and squirrel everything. As an old boy growing up on a poor, small Southern farm/ranch with parents from the 20-30's depression and WWII, most any meat source was used. Actually as a youth, I hunted a lot of black birds with everything from BB guns, pellet rifles, and the weapon of mass destruction, dad's 16 gauge single with #8 or #9 shot on flocks of hundreds rising from the fields. If one was good enough in hiding among the fence row cedars and pines or slow crawling in the low ditches, one could get within range and then force the flock up for a couple of dozen birds per shell.

A little cracked corn, wheat or oats on the ground went a fair ways to entice some flocks to land in an ambush zone, and sometimes, a bonus dove or two or even a pigeon.

In a free market economy such as ours when the demand/supply gets as out of balance as this is, prices should rise to the point where new players dind it profitable and enter the market. Seems like we are at that point now. What could be stopping it? Entry barriers too high. What kind of entry barriers? Regulations by an administration not to keen on firearms.

In a free market economy such as ours when the demand/supply gets as out of balance as this is, prices should rise to the point where new players dind it profitable and enter the market. Seems like we are at that point now. What could be stopping it? Entry barriers too high. What kind of entry barriers? Regulations by an administration not to keen on firearms.
I agree 100% with you my biggest issue is that we're selling the companies that we do have foreign entities because of the stance on firearms and this administration has same thing with selling the ports and our property to foreign governments that can cripple us way more than anything else. Where you don't own the things that made you strong anymore you are weak. I believe the EPA is what pushed a lot of these things we made outside the US they deep hazardous to be produced in the US look at the lead process just name a few

I agree 100% with you my biggest issue is that we're selling the companies that we do have foreign entities because of the stance on firearms and this administration has same thing with selling the ports and our property to foreign governments that can cripple us way more than anything else. Where you don't own the things that made you strong anymore you are weak. I believe the EPA is what pushed a lot of these things we made outside the US they deep hazardous to be produced in the US look at the lead process just name a few
The Clintons started this during their reign of terror. Remember that they are the ones who started the love affair with China, gave them the plans to the F15 and others, vilified American manufacturing and poo poo'd them as dirty industries that were beneath the status of the USA. Behind this is a dedicated effort to destroy America from within. They have plastered regulation after regulation across the whole of the commercial business landscape of the country. Turbocharging the deficit, inflation, immigration - none of these are 'bugs'. These are all 'features' of the Leftist Administration. I could go way on - but won't - we all know the drill. Just remember that these problems are NOT failures of the system - they are deliberate and all part of the grand strategy. Something tells me that this is about to change....

Recent Posts