ALLEN PRECISION 338 Raptor update....

Hm...m.facebook...what is "m.facebook" - why not on the regular FB page?

What's with the minimal difference is case weight vs what I'll assume is Lapua branded 338 LM brass? The question is, how strong are these cases compared to Lapua? The extra capacity is great but at what "cost" in structural integrity and case life?
Go look it up and check with kirby for your self.

Just sharing info

check with kirby for your self.

Just sharing info

Sir, aren't you the reseller for Bertram of Australia? Seems the manufacturer (in Australia) would be the one to respond - your supplier. Please provide e-mail for them and I'll contact them directly. Thanks.

Hm...m.facebook...what is "m.facebook" - why not on the regular FB page?

What's with the minimal difference is case weight vs what I'll assume is Lapua branded 338 LM brass? The question is, how strong are these cases compared to Lapua? The extra capacity is great but at what "cost" in structural integrity and case life?

If you run a 300 grain bullet out of the lapua brass at 3152 3200 feet-per-second tell us what the life is on it and we can test the Bertram Raptor / long Lapua case and then we might be able to compare. You are kind of asking a apples and pears comparison.

If you run a 300 grain bullet out of the lapua brass at 3152 3200 feet-per-second tell us what the life is on it and we can test the Bertram Raptor / long Lapua case and then we might be able to compare. You are kind of asking a apples and pears comparison.

If the manufacturer (Bertram, Australia) is interested in potential customers knowing how their product compares to the competition, they can engage an independent testing "lab" to do controlled testing. Asking the potential user to provide test data on competing products is wishful thinking and assumes that the test regimen would make sense. Based on your response, it appears independent testing is not on the agenda. Me, I'll wait for reviews by reputable, independent testers. Thanks anyway, I fully understand that you are re-selling a product and have limited interest in spending money for data that may or may not do you any good.

If the manufacturer (Bertram, Australia) is interested in potential customers knowing how their product compares to the competition, they can engage an independent testing "lab" to do controlled testing. Asking the potential user to provide test data on competing products is wishful thinking and assumes that the test regimen would make sense. Based on your response, it appears independent testing is not on the agenda. Me, I'll wait for reviews by reputable, independent testers. Thanks anyway, I fully understand that you are re-selling a product and have limited interest in spending money for data that may or may not do you any good.
You are elr researcher and have a ton of questions about brass and how it all compares, I would think if you are trying to have a page that shows comparisons, research and numbers you might be willing to do some testing of your own and make it your data possibly with a combination of comparison to other researchers/shooters/ testers findings instead of demanding people to engage in independent testing and to provide it to you to post on your site to take credit for compiling it all into one place.

Just an idea for you.

When we have the reamers here to run a .30 and .338 caliber chambering off that brass we will be running tests and posting info on our site's and Facebook pages.

I dont see you rattling kirby about the brass he had a hand in.

Sir, you seem to have confused research and testing. I look for and post data about products I reasonably believe ELR shooters will have an interest in. I do not test, nor does anything on my site suggest I do. On occasion I do note my personal experiences with products that I have used. Since you are a reseller, not a manufacturer, and the manufacturer is a foreign company, I list you as a possible source of supply for US consumers. I also include links to IQ Metals and Huntington for the same reason on the Bertram listing. In conclusion, hopefully, I look forward to seeing comparative product reviews by reputable independent testers.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.