ALLEN PRECISION 338 Raptor update....

it is Kirbys old raptor brass that he dropped which if you go back to post one it is long lapua based brass. this will make some fun wildcats

Thank you for the update, good to hear he is doing well. The brass and his design are available now at least if anyone wants to build one.

it is Kirbys old raptor brass that he dropped which if you go back to post one it is long lapua based brass. this will make some fun wildcats

yup..........
375 WILDCAT.jpg

Pro - is the "375 Wildcat" based on the "new" "Bertram Brass" offering? If so, is it the "long 338 LM" brass that has been mentioned here and there? Thanks.

Pro - is the "375 Wildcat" based on the "new" "Bertram Brass" offering? If so, is it the "long 338 LM" brass that has been mentioned here and there? Thanks.
Over the next couple months I started working with Bruce Bertram in Australia as he has shown some interest in making custom brass for me. I sent my ideas to him and after some time he agreed to the project and we started the long process of making some brass. Instead of just making a 338 Excalibur parent case, it was decided that if we were going to make custom brass, it would be a totally new design.

Changes made compared to the standard 338 Excalibur case were as follows:

- Case body diameter increased to the same diameter as the Rigby and Lapua (Excalibur case diameter is slightly smaller in diameter)

-Case length increased to 3.050", same as my 338 Allen Magnum and noticably longer then the 338 Excalibur.

- Case shoulder was moved forward significantly to increase body length and thus case capacity. Because of the length of this new case, it would be mainly designed to be used in single shot rifles(repeaters are possible) so a long neck was not a real requirement. Settled on a 0.280" long neck which is plenty.

- Shoulder angle and body taper set up the same as the 338 Allen Xpress to maximize capacity but also ensure top extraction performance while using high pressure loads.

- Case would be fully formed from the manufacturer. No fireforming needed by me or my customers, first APS wildcat to be offered in this form.

- Headstamped for 300 and 338 Raptor.

Above quoted from First post. Its made like the .338 Lapua but a new design. There is no "Long" .338 lapua brass that I know of. The brass that swamplord made the 375 wildcat out of looks like the same brass as the .300 and .338 Raptor.

If you go to Kirbys first post and hit reply you can see the pictures of the .338 and .300 Raptor brass.

The 338 raptor brass that we have for sale is really a long lapua case and is called a long lapua to some. Yes, we do have this brass on hand and ready to go with the website showing the current on hand amount and if the interest grows we can get a whole lot more sent over.
Can send pics of someone want to post them here. Send me a PM with a email or phone to text

The 338 raptor brass that we have for sale is really a long lapua case and is called a long lapua to some. Yes, we do have this brass on hand and ready to go with the website showing the current on hand amount and if the interest grows we can get a whole lot more sent over.
Can send pics of someone want to post them here. Send me a PM with a email or phone to text
Calib - if you can provide a side-by-side (standard 338 LM and the "long Lapua"), I'd be happy to post for you - e-mail me at [email protected] Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.