Alberta Whitetail with the tactical 30-30

Dave King

This is a nice buck I took in 2006 I believe, used my Duracoat green Winchester 30-30 with factory 170gr ammo.

I was hunting with Ron Nemetchek of North River Outfitting and Nick, pictured here, was guiding me about on this particular day. This was a rather unremarkable days hunt except for the low crawling, duck walking stalk to get into position to intercept this fella. We were hunting in central Alberta, very near the west end of Calling Lake.

dave-whitetail-crop.JPG

Here's the recovered bullet:

rem-core-lokt-30-30s.jpg

Last edited:
I like the crab claw!

I really like the coated 30-30.....hmm thats a thought! I have one dad bought in the 70's doesnt do much but take up space I dont think its got a scratch on it! Dump that side mounted scope for a gost ring setup that thing would be back in style!

Last edited:
I was hunting with Ron Nemetchek of North River Outfitting

I believe the Realtree boys hunted with them for Monster Bucks videos about 8 or 10 years ago. Nice buck! I remember you talking about gearing up for the tactical levergun. I have a 1949 Marlin 32 Special with a Lyman receiver sight that might get limbered up for the late doe hunt this year.
Congrats!
Sam

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.