My Alberta Whitetail

AlbertaAl.. Was that buck @ Dawson or just inside the AB border.. I seen a hog @ FSJ once that was awesome.. His antlers were visible @ over a mile.. we we're on the river and he was @ the top of the hills skylined.. he was massive..

I guided up by Fairview for several years and can attest to the large deer that grow in the Peace river area.

Giannis, great buck !!! Scott has been turning out giants for years. If I an ever cure this sheep bug I would like to go and try Alberta.

MagMan, where are you going is Kansas? What about Colorado? I am looking at doing Colorado in '09 myself with Scott Limmer on the eastern plains. I have been archery with him before and he has some great country. I have Kirby working on a rifle just for these type deer hunts, should be lots of fun. I am try Alberta in '10, but I am looking for a Stone Sheep hunt. That may have to wait until '12 as it is alot of money.

JC, We're heading down to unit 16 somewhere by Greensboro. Not sure with who though, the name escapes me at the moment.

Idaho archery elk is first though, early September.

Next year is Colorado.......Northwestern corner somewhere, the details haven't been ironed out yet. Late season DIY I'm sure, pray for snow.

Magman, some great country out by Greensburg, I think that is what you mean, it is in 16 and was the town that was wiped off the map last year by a tornado. Some real giants in that country. I have bow hunted out there. Do not be afraid to hunt the wide open CRP fields. Trees are few and far between for the most part.

Good Luck on your trips, PM me if I can help answer questions on weather or what the deer are doing before you leave. I do most of my hunting within 60 miles of there.

Greensburg, I think that is what you mean,

That is what I meant. We originally had gone down there to help do some rebuilding. It's amazing how long things like this take when you have the government involved......we never did build anything down there. Met a lot of nice people though.

PM me if I can help answer questions on weather or what the deer are doing before you leave.

I may do that.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.