908 yard whitetail with SSG rig.

Thanks for the story, great buck and you took a very nice picture.
I didn't make my coyote trip this december, first I heard of the blue tounge, that sucks as I have seen the decline of your once remarkable deer heard.

Thanks, one out of many turned out. Its tough taking pics on a timer. The pic doesn't show it but his right brow has a 6" split. Well coyotes you will find out here, fat and happy from all the dead deer. Our antelope are almost extinct. No season the last two years and no season in sight. Pheasant #'s are way down as well as our grouse and partridge. On a positive note the mule deer are down so much in the badlands that I think the mountain lions will have to travel outside of the closed unit in too the open unit where they might get harvested by some lucky hunters. The blue tongue covered a huge area of the state, much more that normal because of the indian summer that delayed a heavy frost. There are however some areas south and east of Bismarck ND that are producing some huge whitetails. People are saying they're ashamed of bringing 170" deer to some of the contests. I'd kill a 170" every time it walks in front of me, So I think I'm headed east.

bandit 012.jpg

A pic of the recovered slug. Penetration around 14" found in a shattered vertabrea at the base of his neck. 140 A-max started at 3125fps.

Gotta love that bullet performance! A 6.5x.284 , or one of it's brethren, is going to be the next one in my safe.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.