Alaska Caribou. Terminal performance for the Accubond lovers 😅.

Dang he stacked the shots, drilled him twice in the boiler room. First one would have done him in IMO, I don't blame him for sticking the second though. Legs were opposite on the first shot, probably got the back of the lungs there and closer to the heart on the second.

Dang he stacked the shots, drilled him twice in the boiler room. First one would have done him in IMO, I don't blame him for sticking the second though.
They were about 1" apart when we caped him out. I don't think my buddy videotaping saw the first shot hit, so he was wanted him to send another one ASAP. That bull wasn't going anywhere, but man he sure walked around for a while with two accubonds through the lungs.

Yeah good call on the second shot, the guy nailed him with each of them but the second was perfectly clean and the spotter saw that. I hit a whitetail right in the crease this year and there was no external blood signature, sometimes it just takes a bit for the blood to tamp down the lungs and lay them down.

450 yards. 2 well placed shots behind the shoulder. My buddy's bull, with my other buddy behind the camera.

168 Accubond LR
2700fps MV
450 yards.

Good shooting! Unless you spine one, they normally don't drop right there.
They're easy to kill, they just don't know they're supposed to drop right away.
Didn't get the memo, I guess.
I've killed them with .30-06, .270, 7-08, .308, and .338WM and their reactions have been the same.

Ed

I'm sure they are fine bullets, but don't judge them by Caribou, the easiest big game in North America to drop. They go down like a ton of bricks.

Can you tell us about the wound channels and the size of exit?
Nothing special or dramatic about the wound channels and the exits were slightly larger than bullet diameter. No blood trail that we could find. You won't ever catch an accubond loaded in my rifle 😣. All three of my buddies shot their bulls with accubonds and none of them hardly moved from the first bullet impact.