Alaska Caribou. Terminal performance for the Accubond lovers 😅.

Nice shot placement.
The reaction of the other bull was interesting.

Nature has it's own set of rules for survival

C9D9CCCF-D4A6-40E8-B950-A88DFDAB0C20.jpeg

Interesting statement. ! Everyone who responded congratulated the shooter on two excellent shots taking the. Caribou ! It was perfectly done! You mentioned other Buddies who all killed caribou using Accubond billets , but you said you would never load one into your rifles!! Just for the sake of education,why is that ???!! I'm working up a LR deer load using Accubond LR bullets ,and I would love to know what it is you don't like !!

Interesting statement. ! Everyone who responded congratulated the shooter on two excellent shots taking the. Caribou ! It was perfectly done! You mentioned other Buddies who all killed caribou using Accubond billets , but you said you would never load one into your rifles!! Just for the sake of education,why is that ???!! I'm working up a LR deer load using Accubond LR bullets ,and I would love to know what it is you don't like !!
You know, actually, it could just be the low velocity of the .308 also. But I like way more trauma from my bullets personally.
Too hard for 308 win velocities???

View attachment 353725
I think you're right Shane. They really don't do anything special at lower velocities, especially when placed behind the shoulder.

I asked about performance because at that range and given the starting velocity, I suspected a regular cup and core bullet would kill quicker. While I have no experience with the ABLR, I have a lot of experience with the AB.

I asked about performance because at that range and given the starting velocity, I suspected a regular cup and core bullet would kill quicker. While I have no experience with the ABLR, I have a lot of experience with the AB.
I think they just need a faster impact velocity to truly shine.

I thought the 190 ABLR would be my jam in my 20" 308. Could not get any consistency with them. They advertise 1300 FPS expansion, that is perfect for 308 velocities if they will shoot...

I see what you mean. Thanks Buddy !!!! My velocity at 500 yards will be above 2200 fps, I think i will be safe using the ABLR bullets , instead of the Ballistic Tips, in my 270 Weatherby Mag.

Personally, I never felt comfortable shooting whitetails at over 300yds with my .308Win despite its uncanny accuracy. But you can't dismiss the fact that they clearly did the job with the good shot placement seen in the video.

The ideal whitetail cartridge (for me) at any distance that I'll probably shoot (<600yds) is my 7WSM. Several deer that were hit between 400yd-500yd dropped to the shot. Most were hit with a 160 Accubond.

In my 270 Win. Weatherby Ultralight, I have used the 130 Grn Nosler Ballistic Tips . At 3050 fps they are devastating on whitetails. So far 9 or 10 deer taken in 11 or 12 seasons. The only reason I am loading the 150 Grn ABLR 's in my 270 Weatherby Mag , is because of the High BC. I used them at the shooting school with excellent results, but the Goal is to use them for a Long Range 500 yard whitetail deer load. If Nosler made a 150 Grn Ballistic tip with a G 1 BC of 591, that I could load to 3000 , I would be using that !! Just my personal choice.

Shane, I rolled the dice on the old 1979 Weatherby Mark V in 270 Weatherby, when I tried the 150 Grn. ABLR's. I never even tried my 170 grn. Bergers. It has a 10 twist so I did not expect much. I was happily surprised how well it shot and how easy it was to hit the steel at all the ranges the school had. Even the instructor fired a few shots for fun ,and really loved it. I was really surprised and happy at the same time. As I said before ,I do not even know how they judge what is GOOD and what is just average in the LR Steel Shooting Game. I would imagine that for stock sporter guns , 1 MOA is ok. I will do a small ladder test this week I hope. 66.7; 67.0 and 67.3 grans of H 4831SC . I'm right about 3000 fps out of the 26 inch barrel. Hoping for reasonable hunting accuracy , not match accuracy. Its all for the November North Carolina Deer Hunt. Bean Fields and Cotton Fields !!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2629.jpg
    IMG_2629.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
Good luck with those.

If they do not work out, I used to load the 150gr Berger HVLD in my 270 win and they were very accurate out a good ways. I would think your Weatherby would be smoking.

I am not a competitor, but I would imagine when the judge hears your bang and then hears "ting", it is good enough. I would say I prefer a little better than that, but we are all over achievers here on LRH:p