Airline approved 'wheeled' gun case suggestions?

wyosteve

Doing a spring hunt where I'll be flying. Wondering if anyone has suggestions on a good 1 or 2 rifle case that's airline/TSA approved and has wheels? Tired of lugging around my current case. Thanks in advance.

I have two. One is the pelican, heavy but the best, most secure case in my opinion. carried to rifles to Africa nad back.
The other is ALUMA, much lighter, use it for short trips.

Boyt harness H51 --- ballbearing wheels- replaceable handles and field replaceable all steel metal turn buckle style hasps,, o ring sealed, steel hinge pins, padlock loops, replaceable and customizable tripple layer foam liner - made in the USA. I put butterfly and rainbow stickers on the outside of the case. And an android compatible tracking chip on the inside

Pelican 1750 is my go to, it's heavy but easy to pull around on the wheels and zero problems.
Look at Pelican Storm IM3300 as a slightly smaller, lighter case. It will hold 1 scoped rifle (26" barrel) or 2 non-scoped rifles.

Tuffpak. Has a built in lock. No need to buy 4 padlocks, one for each hole. Looks a lot like a golf case so no hassels from non-hunters. Can add cloths to it for padding. Mines been to Africa 6-7 times as well as other places. Hard to beat.

Bruce

Friend of mine put an official looking label on his SKB roller case. Basically "Careful Sensitive Instruments". Kind of true.

It appears that Pelican V800 is lighter weight offering for double case with wheels. I have the single V770 and find it super study so I have to wonder if the Pelican 1750 is necessary over a V800.

Recent Posts