Aftermarket Triggers

Depends on your intended use.

I have a couple of factory triggers Rem 700 and Win 70 that work just fine in the woods (whitetail hunting) although I did have them adjusted to around 2.5 to 3.0 lbs.

On my .280 ai field rifle I have a Timney.
Very nice for the money.

On my heavy barrel AR prairie dog gun I have a TriggerTech Diamond. Very nice but had to cry a little (only once) after paying for it.

A friend has a Heavy barrel 6mmAi w/a Jewel adjusted down to 8 oz. Extremely nice off the bags when shooting at long range prairie dogs.

Timney on 30-06 with 1 1/2 lb pull, it's very nice. Jewell trigger on 338 AX with 1 lb pull and it is outstanding.

Ive used Timney, Jewell, Trigger tech, Geissele, Larue mbt. I like em all for the guns they are on. The Timney was cheap and really changed the rifle i put it on. Trigger tech was just as good as the Jewells but cheaper. Geissele and Larue same.

I think if I had to pick one TriggerTech Diamond would be it.
For refference, I have jewel, Timney, and TT. Both trigger tech and timney seem really similar from a reliability standpoint with the trigger tech feeling better. Didn't think much of the difference until I spent almost a year behind my TT triggered rifles and then went back to one of my timney. Jewel feel great but can fail in crap conditions; once they've burned you, they don't give you that sense of security you need in the moment of truth. I sold the rifle instead of just swapping the trigger, not risking bad juju.

I have Timney on two rifles. Second one 300 WBY had issues (self discharging - very scary) but fixed by Timney with ease. Issue was caused by odd version of Mark 5 Weatherby which I order and installed myself but they have to modify it to fit my particular rifle. Luckily they only 30 min away from me...

I think I WOULD like a Timney trigger on my 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro except for the fact that I'd lose my bolt locking feature and bolt-open-on-safe feature. Maybe it's a Browning patent that's still in force or maybe Timney just doesn't want to pay Browning a license fee to make a trigger with that feature, but whatever the reason is it sucks.

So I'll keep my "pretty good" 2 lb. 7 oz. Browning "Feather Trigger" (average on my WHEELER gauge) because for hunting it's OK and has a very crisp single stage trigger.

I once had a nice Timney trigger on a very accurate 6.5 CM RUGER American Predator but that El Cheapo rifle had no bolt lock to begin with so no loss there. That lack of a bolt lock cost me two cartridges lost in two days of hunting in heavy brush where the bolt got snagged open. And that, dear readers, is why I sold that rifle, Boyds'd stock and all.

My opinions WRT triggers will only be for those I've used for hunting. Tunney's are an trigger and I wouldn't refuse one. However, given I live in Canada Trigger Tech is my preferred trigger Co. Currently I'm running a Diamond 2 stage with a pro curve shoe. IMHO A 2 stage is the way to go for a hunting trigger.