Aftermarket trigger on 700.

jahollis2

I'm planning on doing a rifle build on a remington 700. The rifle has a bolt lock on it, ( locks action closed) which I want to keep. What aftermarket triggers will work with that?? I'd prefer a two stage trigger and have been looking at timney triggers.

I'm planning on doing a rifle build on a remington 700. The rifle has a bolt lock on it, ( locks action closed) which I want to keep. What aftermarket triggers will work with that?? I'd prefer a two stage trigger and have been looking at timney triggers.
If you want a safety that locks the bolt, when the safety is applied in the "safe" position, I don't know as a 2 stage trigger is available. That action of locking the bolt is part of the safety lever. You'll need a trigger that uses that safety lever, Trigger Tech does not. Shilen triggers can be bought without the safety and without the bolt release, where you use those parts on Shilens' trigger. Shilen isn't 2 stage. I don't think you have a lot of options to satisfy what you are looking for. Remington abandoned the lock bolt when safety applied after being sued to about bankruptcy because their rifle could not be unloaded with the safety on. Aftermarket trigger makers try to avoid being sued by not offering a trigger that will not allow the rifle to be unloaded with the safety "on".

Yup, its TriggerTech and then everyone else.
Have you ever shot a BixN Andy Tac Sport Pro or Pro X?

Personally, I would NOT want a trigger that locks the bolt closed when on safety. Means you have to take off safety to unload a chambered live round. I would rather be able to do that with a safety engaged.

Remington abandoned the bolt locking feature because of accidental discharges when moving the safety lever from "safe" to the "fire" position . Sometimes done when unloading the rifle. People died from those accidental discharges and law suits filed and won by the plaintiffs. It cost Remington a bundle of money. Most go the other way if the trigger has the "old bolt lock when safety is on" feature, so the rifle can be unloaded with the safety "on". It is a trigger block type safety, and if the internals of the trigger become dirty / gummed-up or the trigger is not properly adjusted, accidental discharges are quite possible and have happened. "If a trigger has adjusting screws, someone is gonna' turn 'um."

Do you guys running no bolt lock ever find your bolt open and round missing when you unsling your rifle?