Aftermarket Trigger for Rem. 700 CDL

17Fireball

I have a Rem. 700 CDL SF LE in .17 Rem. Fireball. Can someone recommend a reasonable but excellent aftermarket trigger. Like it to break around 2.5 lbs.gun)
Thank you,

Mike

RT2506

Is this rifle new or older? Does it have the new X-mark trigger or the older trigger. If it is the older trigger you can adjust it easy down to 2.5 pounds. That is the weight I like and I have a number of Remingtons adjusted like that. I have never fooled with the new X-mark trigger though. The Timney triggers that I have shot have all been great when adjusted correctly.

MudRunner2005

Is this rifle new or older? Does it have the new X-mark trigger or the older trigger. If it is the older trigger you can adjust it easy down to 2.5 pounds. That is the weight I like and I have a number of Remingtons adjusted like that. I have never fooled with the new X-mark trigger though. The Timney triggers that I have shot have all been great when adjusted correctly.
I agree, if it's an old style, it can be adjusted. If it's an XMP, I would chunk it in the garbage, and get the Timney.

All of my newer Remmys have been swapped out with old-style (Walker) triggers. Also known as "wide-shoe" or "flatback" triggers. You can pick them up online for $20-50 each and when adjusted properly, you should have no problems. However, they have become really hard to find since the XMP trigger recall, so I would go with the Timney I linked you.

17Fireball

I paid a gunsmith $100 to do the original trigger. He had it amazing. Then the recall and it came back stiff as a board. Had a smith work on it but just not to my liking. Thus, the Timney idea...gun)

MudRunner2005

I paid a gunsmith $100 to do the original trigger. He had it amazing. Then the recall and it came back stiff as a board. Had a smith work on it but just not to my liking. Thus, the Timney idea...gun)
Word to the wise, don't ever send your gun back for a recall to "improve your weapon's safety" (as the manufacturer states). That's legal speak for "we're gonna FUBAR your rifle by making it idiot-proof, and keep it for 6+ months"...

7 RUMAN

I have six jewel triggers all on Remington rifles. They are expensive, but worth every penny. I also have the rifle basix on a Weatherby, and a timney. They are good triggers, but the jewels just brake better.

Trending threads

Recent Posts