Aftermarket Trigger for Rem. 700 CDL

17Fireball

I have a Rem. 700 CDL SF LE in .17 Rem. Fireball. Can someone recommend a reasonable but excellent aftermarket trigger. Like it to break around 2.5 lbs.gun)
Thank you,

Mike

Is this rifle new or older? Does it have the new X-mark trigger or the older trigger. If it is the older trigger you can adjust it easy down to 2.5 pounds. That is the weight I like and I have a number of Remingtons adjusted like that. I have never fooled with the new X-mark trigger though. The Timney triggers that I have shot have all been great when adjusted correctly.

Is this rifle new or older? Does it have the new X-mark trigger or the older trigger. If it is the older trigger you can adjust it easy down to 2.5 pounds. That is the weight I like and I have a number of Remingtons adjusted like that. I have never fooled with the new X-mark trigger though. The Timney triggers that I have shot have all been great when adjusted correctly.
I agree, if it's an old style, it can be adjusted. If it's an XMP, I would chunk it in the garbage, and get the Timney.

All of my newer Remmys have been swapped out with old-style (Walker) triggers. Also known as "wide-shoe" or "flatback" triggers. You can pick them up online for $20-50 each and when adjusted properly, you should have no problems. However, they have become really hard to find since the XMP trigger recall, so I would go with the Timney I linked you.

I paid a gunsmith $100 to do the original trigger. He had it amazing. Then the recall and it came back stiff as a board. Had a smith work on it but just not to my liking. Thus, the Timney idea...gun)

I paid a gunsmith $100 to do the original trigger. He had it amazing. Then the recall and it came back stiff as a board. Had a smith work on it but just not to my liking. Thus, the Timney idea...gun)

Word to the wise, don't ever send your gun back for a recall to "improve your weapon's safety" (as the manufacturer states). That's legal speak for "we're gonna FUBAR your rifle by making it idiot-proof, and keep it for 6+ months"...

I have six jewel triggers all on Remington rifles. They are expensive, but worth every penny. I also have the rifle basix on a Weatherby, and a timney. They are good triggers, but the jewels just brake better.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.