Aftermarket Triggers for Tikka

Tikkamike

I am looking for an aftermarket trigger for Tikka T3, I am aware of Bix ' Andy, Timney and Jard. Does anyone know of other options? or have experience with anything mentioned?

I was going to buy an aftermarket trigger for my tikkas a few months back. But first I wanted to try a $10 Spring from mcarbo that will drop the pull weight to 12oz-1lb range. I figured I wouldn't like it as I'm used to jewel's on most of my stuff. But after using it as is for a while now il just stick with the spring. The stock trigger has a nice feel to it with the spring mod and minimal creep. The spring mod is very simple to instal. I feel like the only thing you will gain with an aftermarket trigger is a lower pull weight and maybe reliability in dusty conditions, although some aftermarket triggers aren't ideal for dusty conditions. But I've never heard of any issues with the stock trigger in dirty conditions either.

The $19.00 YoDave Trigger Spring, work's GREAT at,.. 1-1.25 Pounds !
My "Factory stock", Tikka T3, SS Lite, in .243 Win., shoot's from, .280 C to C ( 3 shots) to .550 C to C ( 5 Shots) at, 100 yards with, 80 Sierra Blitz's and 87 V-Maxes ! Unless you "need" a 2 OZ Target Trigger,.. WHY waste, your Money ???

I am looking for an aftermarket trigger for Tikka T3, I am aware of Bix ' Andy, Timney and Jard. Does anyone know of other options? or have experience with anything mentioned?

What are your expectations? I have found factory Tikka triggers to be great most of the time. When I could not get them down to 1.5lbs I have used Ernie the Gunsmith Springs.

Timney makes a 2 stage. I am not a huge fan of two stage triggers. I have a Sako bixnandy. It is by far the best trigger I have used and the price reflects that. I have used a Jard and It was good but I prefer my bixnandy.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.