Which aftermarket trigger

Gregg C

Got a Savage 116, accutrigger, thinking of another trigger. Drop in replacement, and of course, adjustable. Wondering if anybody here has compared Rifle Basix to Timney. There is a reason for these two choices. Thanks for your time.
Gregg

No experience with Rifle Basix, but I have been very happy with my Timney on my M700 semi custom hunting rifle. It came set at 2.25 lbs and breaks clean and consistently at that pull every time. I check it periodically with my trigger scale.

I. Have a Calvin Elite (Timney) that I like as well as my Jewell triggers.
Okay, two for Timney. Why would anyone want overtravel ? Is that just bringing the sear closer to the edge of the break, or is it entirely for travel after the break ? Just curious, as I see this talked about. Thanks.
Oh, and by the way, I'm starting to think about another build, and I really like the looks of your stuff.
Gregg

I have a Timney on my savage 10. It was a non- accutrigger that lacked the three screw adjustment. I went with the Timney over the lateral replacement in Rifle Basix. There are also JARD triggers which replaces the sear too. The most talked about trigger on the Savage shooters site is the Sharp Shooters Competition Trigger. I have only shot the Timney of the aftermarket solutions and I like it. I have another savage with an accutrigger and not so sure I'm a fan. I'm contemplating a SSS comp trigger if I can get one.

Okay, two for Timney. Why would anyone want overtravel ? Is that just bringing the sear closer to the edge of the break, or is it entirely for travel after the break ? Just curious, as I see this talked about. Thanks.
Oh, and by the way, I'm starting to think about another build, and I really like the looks of your stuff.
Gregg
Just say the word. You can call if you need more info...rich

just got my second savage timney trigger it says#638 for accutrigger on the package just the trigger not the whole assembly also have a sss trigger I would have bought another if they were readily available ! but I am pretty happy with the timneys , I personaly like them a lot better than the accutrigger for everything aside from sitting at a bench shooting targets IMO the accutriger is fine for that, I think that they cover overtravel here

Timney on my savage 110 which breaks at 2lbs. It's an Extremely crisp, clean trigger.

Timney Calvin elite is a fantastic trigger! Better than a timney 517

Unfortunately no Calvin Elite for Savages. Savage shooters are limited in aftermarket options. As I posted:
Jard (reviews equally good and bad)
Sharp Shooters (two choices but one needed to be sent to Sharp Shooters for install, which seems like a great way to be with out the gun for a solid year or more based on their track record)
Timney
Rifle Basix

There might be a couple I'm forgetting. That's pretty much it though.

Unfortunately no Calvin Elite for Savages. Savage shooters are limited in aftermarket options. As I posted:
Jard (reviews equally good and bad)
Sharp Shooters (two choices but one needed to be sent to Sharp Shooters for install, which seems like a great way to be with out the gun for a solid year or more based on their track record)
Timney
Rifle Basix

There might be a couple I'm forgetting. That's pretty much it though.

That's too bad. The 517 is decent about equal to a sako factory trigger. If I never bought a Calvin elite i wouldn't know any better lol

That's too bad. The 517 is decent about equal to a sako factory trigger. If I never bought a Calvin elite i wouldn't know any better lol
Yeah. It was a special on a $250 AR trigger that changed my view on triggers. My bolt actions were all bone stock rifles and just accepted the triggers for what they were. Then I built an AR from scratch and put in a good trigger. Then my savage got a Timney. Now I'm building a 700 footprint action with a Trigger Tech "Special".

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.