Aftermarket Stock

Have you tried the composite version? Or the fiberglass version of that brand?
I haven't bought any of their brand, I just suggested them because of the variety they offer at the price range you mentioned.

F88C776D-45EA-4DB5-964C-6FE84DDBE10A.jpeg

Take a look at KRG out of Boise, ID. I use their X-Ray version and absolutely love it. They make a Bravo model that should be right in your price range.

First I would decide on the style/type of stock you want i.e. laminated, composite or wood; raised comb, grip angle etc. There are lots of Remington BDL wood stocks available which should be pillared and bedded, the Bell & Carlson M40 is a good stock but a little heavy as are the Hogue (previously stated). For a lighter stock of good quality I like the Greyboe, I have them and still bed the action but mine shot just fine without the bedding, I'm just a little anal about such things. A take off from HS is good, lots of Remington PSS stocks around, Boyd's are good, Stocky's are good, GRS is good, too many options can make one a little crazy, so as I said, decide on the material and style and whittle it down from there.

First I would decide on the style/type of stock you want i.e. laminated, composite or wood; raised comb, grip angle etc. There are lots of Remington BDL wood stocks available which should be pillared and bedded, the Bell & Carlson M40 is a good stock but a little heavy as are the Hogue (previously stated). For a lighter stock of good quality I like the Greyboe, I have them and still bed the action but mine shot just fine without the bedding, I'm just a little anal about such things. A take off from HS is good, lots of Remington PSS stocks around, Boyd's are good, Stocky's are good, GRS is good, too many options can make one a little crazy, so as I said, decide on the material and style and whittle it down from there.
I'm looking around at some of the local gunsmiths for a super cheap factory wood stock that can be bedded and pillared. If I can't find one of them, then I'll probably end up getting a greyboe or something in that price range. I never realized how many options there truly were out there. I've always just kinda floated the barrel in factory wood and killed lots of stuff. Lol

I would check out a Grayboe stock to see if you like it Grayboe is a copy of McMillan I think it's a sister company just because the have permission to popular stock.

Looking for opinions on aftermarket stocks for a remington 700. I just had a long action rebarreled to a 6.5-284 and was planning to use the factory SPS stock. the barrel contour was supposed to match the factory one but it came back a little larger (which is fine) and wouldn't fit the channel in that stock. I sanded a little bit out of the channel to allow it to fit and free float, but now when the weight of the rifle is on the forearm, the stock flexes and touches the barrel.

I would like to replace that stock with one that will be better and allow for free floating and using a rest without diminishing accuracy.

I know thee are several options out there and im sure everyone here will yell McMillan, but I really cant afford to drop 500+ on a stock right now. What are opinions on the hogue overmolded? Magpul hunter 700? and maybe others I dont know about.
hi......as my personal opinion.. The cheapest way and a good stock for you rig would be.. A bell and Carlson m40 style .. Bedding is in aluminum and stock very light...and rigid . The Sam as REM 709 long range or weatherby mark V..Cheaper and effective.. Take a look... U may like it

I bought a McM. and went with the adjustable A5 (sniper fill) My son shoots it too and he's a lot taller and lankier than I am. We found it to work well and a couple little pencil marks
helps returning it to me.
300-Win-Mag-2-1.jpg