Advice

The 700 sendero is a great rifle. I've got the sfii in .300 win mag and it's been great. I put a timney trigger and adjusted it to 2# and bedded the stock. With some load workup it shoots 2.5" groups at 500 yards and I've been happy there as I feel my shooting isn't as good as the gun. However, this rifle would not be my first choice if I only had one. It's heavy and I'm a hunter. Please check out the bergara b14 hunter and hmr lines. They are great. I've got the b14 hunter in 30-06. Shoots great.

It seems as though there are reviews strongly in both dorections for savage.

Yeah, you'll typically only see people complaining about Remingtons, as that's the popular thing to do on the internet.

Personally, I won't own a Savage, or another Weatherby, but that's a whole different discussion.

I also have a safe full of Rem 700's, and not a **** one of them is inaccurate...Every single one of them shoots under 3/4 MOA with handloads, most are sub-1/2 MOA, and a few in the .1xx to .3xx range. I have had one (purchased used, condition unknown) 700 that wouldn't shoot (bad barrel), also had a $2,000+ Weatherby that had a bad barrel straight from the factory. Point is, every brand can have their lemons, so don't always believe everything you read online.

The other cool thing about savage is easily obtainable aftermarket bolt faces - if you were to get a 111 in 30-06, and down the road decide you want to try a magnum, it's as simple as a new barrel and magnum bolt face. With a Remington, you are looking for a whole new bolt. I'm not sure what the conversion is like in a tikka (which are all long actions, from .223 up), I have heard it's possible.
Not necessarily... If you try to do things in the proper order you won't have any problems. If you buy a .30-06 or .270 and then later you want to build a magnum, you (gunsmith) simply opens the bolt face, puts in a magnum extractor, and swaps the magazine floor plate. Simple.

Only downfall is going backwards, in which case, you will need a new bolt.

I'm most concerned about the accuracy and dependability, I don't give a rats hiney what they look like. You have never experienced the FTF a lot of complaints state?

At under $450 after rebate, this is hard to beat >>> http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoo...ge-t-sr-centerfire-rifle/2464333.uts?slotId=3. IIWY, I'd get the .300 WM, install an effective MB ($50 and up since it's already threaded at the muzzle), load Berger 215 and you're golden. The felt recoil on all my .300 WMs with MBs are similar to .243s.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.