Advice on where to post?

Lobbing Lead

Hello,

I am an avid hunter getting into longer range hunting.

I would like to solicit advice on outfitting a new rifle, scope, and accessories for elk and moose.

However, so as not to be "that guy," any advice as to which forum to post my question? (again, a single thread for discussing the entire complementary package)

Thanks!
LL

No single threads, but bunches and bunches along those lines. The search bar likely give you days of reading.

Maybe provide a few parameters, and break the question down in more digestible pieces.

No doubt we've been through it a few times, but the conversation is why many are here.

Welcome! I would start by searching for "new rifle" or "best factory rifle" or something along those lines. If you can't find what you're after, start a new thread in the general section.

Most everybody here is very helpful (couple d-bags but most arent) so I would suggest searching the thousand other threads out there about "elk gun" and see what people recommend, then get an opinion of what you think you might like to do then go ahead and post up a list of what all you think you might like to put together, then get feedback on that particular equipment. Much more likely to get productive results which you can form an opinion from that way I think. Otherwise you just end up with 3000 rifle recommendations 750,324 scope recommendations and a whole list of stuff that will cost more than your truck did.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.