advice on setting up a nightforce scope

Maghunter

Just purchased a nightforce 5_20_56 and had it installed on my savage 300 win mag. I only have a 100 yard range. Should I set it dead on or 1.5 '' high for longer shots. Any advice is appreciated

Mag, welcome to the forum. Probably would be best to find a longer range if possible. 200 at minimum for your rifle and scope. Check the custom search at top right for info if no one replies to your post. There are a lot of 300 WM shooters here along with NightForce owners. Might mention info on your specific rifle and load info you have. Good luck

I would think if u have turrets set it up so u can get the.most travel out of it for long range shots if thats what you plan on shooting at. There are some good articals Google( zero range for a 300 wm. )I have been reading a lot about it to lately to. I set my 300 wm up at 300 yards with a Leopold so if I got a shot at an elk out to 500 I was in the kill zone.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.