1000yards scope advice

sportzfreak14

i am looking to get into long range shooting. i am having a custom rifle built! i have shot out to 700yards before so i am not to much of a rookie, just need a better rifle and just need good optics for it, i have looked into the trijicon 5-20-50 heard it has a hard time reaching the 1000 yard mark. because of how many rotations you can go on the top turrets, is this true? can the vortex viper $400 scopes reach out to a 1000yard with no turret problems? and i have heard great things about the leuipold mk4 lrt mil-dot! and know for a fact its money well spent. trying to save cash but if needed i will spends whats needed to get the job done right.:cool:

need some advice!gun)

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

You didn't say what your set up is (rifle/caliber) ... anyways, with a 20 MOA base, both scopes will reach 1000 yards.

Good luck and happy safe hunting/shooting!

Ed

i deciding between a custom built Remington 700 or a weatherby! hard decision and its between a 7mm mag or 300 win mag just want one hunting rifle for deer to bear.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.