Advice on these bolt action rifle chassis.

STEEL SLINGER

I have a Remington 700 XCR with a 26" barrel that I would like to mount into a chassis. I have looked over many different makes and styles of chassis and I have found an interest in the chassis systems where I can add the AR-15 type of butt stock of my choice. The three chassis manufacturing companies that I have found are MDT LSS Gen2, Ultrdyne UD5, and the Rival Arms. This will be for a hunting rifle and field target shooting for fun and practice. Of these three chassis which do you have experience with and what are your overall thoughts and opinions of them. Thank you.

I have a Remington 700 XCR with a 26" barrel that I would like to mount into a chassis. I have looked over many different makes and styles of chassis and I have found an interest in the chassis systems where I can add the AR-15 type of butt stock of my choice. The three chassis manufacturing companies that I have found are MDT LSS Gen2, Ultrdyne UD5, and the Rival Arms. This will be for a hunting rifle and field target shooting for fun and practice. Of these three chassis which do you have experience with and what are your overall thoughts and opinions of them. Thank you.
I have 6 MDT and 2 XLR Chassis. MDT has great prices and customer service. Modular is in their name. I also like the ORYX MDT chassis for a no fuss p/u and go setup.

We purchased the LSS Gen2 and then the MDT SRS (Skelton Rifle Stock) with a Folder Adapter for our Ruger MK II 77 in .204. It at the time was the only Chassis that Ruger would fit. I had to do some modifications on both the Feed Ramp and also the Chassis and Magazine. The MDT is a nice Chassis. MDT have different stock configurations for their Chassis. I should dig up pictures. When you purchase a MDT Chassis you also need to purchase a "Butt Stock". So in your case you can order the Chassis and then an AR Style Butt Stock.

Our other Chassis are MPA, which we prefer over all other Chassis.

If you have any questions you can PM us and we can talk to give you mor info.

Thanks
Len & Jill

Seems like MDT is the chassis being leaned towards. That is were my thoughts have been going too. MPA makes a very nice chassis, but their butt stocks are just too busy and they are $$proud$$ of them too. I'm going to a new range (to me that is) this weekend with a hunting buddy, and a family member has a MDT chassis similar to what I would like. . .its a .223 and if I bring the ammo I can shoot it till my hearts content!!! This may be what I need. Thank you for the replies.