Advice on new ML

zeeman

Fellows I am in need of advice on new inline ML purchase. I want to hunt deer in the Midwest and elk in the West with a commercially available ML. Distances to 200-300 yards(?) Brand, bullet , load etc Scope? Price not an object but NOT interested in a 5000 custom rig. A bit new to the ML game but am an experienced Western hunter.

THANKS in Advance Zeeman

Fellows I am in need of advice on new inline ML purchase. I want to hunt deer in the Midwest and elk in the West with a commercially available ML. Distances to 200-300 yards(?) Brand, bullet , load etc Scope? Price not an object but NOT interested in a 5000 custom rig. A bit new to the ML game but am an experienced Western hunter.
THANKS in Advance Zeeman

Problem solved: Long Range Muzzleloader - Custom Muzzleloader - Not a Smokeless Muzzleloader - Savage Muzzleloader Competitor

I've shot muzzleloaders for a long, long time and owned/shot most all manufacturer's rifles at one time or another. I made the move to the Ultimate Firearms Inc. BP Xpress and couldn't be happier with its LONG RANGE accuracy and reliability. Yes its "different" than what production rifles are but, production rifles won't hold a candle to these rifles at long range.

When I first brought my rifle home, I put bullet after bullet into making a single hole at 100yds, first time shooting it. After shooting it more, it does the same thing at 200yds. I have a witness signed and dated 3-shot group target of 1.783" at 500 yards. The rifle is more accurate than most shooters can shoot. 200 and 300yd groups are a piece of cake in ideal conditions. I have the Leupold VX6, 3-18x50 w/firedot duplex and the CDS turret.

IT IS NOT FOR THE RECOIL SHY or weaklings...... The standard load is 3-60gr T7M pellets (180grs), shooting a 300gr saboted bullet. MV is 2,300fps and at 400yds, the bullet retains 1,200fpe. The rifle is rated for 200grs of BP or substitues. BH209 is not recommended by the UF Inc.

NOTE: The Ultimate Firearms Inc. BP Xpress is NOT made by Remington. Remington purchased the rights to use the UF Inc. breech plug system and does so in their Remington 700 Ultimate. Two entirely different rifles.

Thanks for the detailed info I will look that up Are smokeless ML's legal??

The Ultimate is not a smokeless muzzleloader and is not designed for smokeless propellant.

Some states allow the use of smokeless propellants many do not. Personally I stay completely away from smokeless. To **** many rifles blowing up.

I have owned or shot most of the current inline muzzleloaders, as well as had two smokeless savages. My CVA accura is the most accurate out of the box I have shot, my TC with a 45 cal bergera barrel is a close second. One thing to think about as well is depending on what state you decide to hunt elk out west, CO you can't use a scope or sabot bullets, power belts are legal there.

The Ultimate Firearms Inc. rifle can be purchased with the Western setup and a scope can be installed. The better choice in states that don't allow saboted bullets, the Thor, a much better bullet.

I would get the one I have for sale!!!
It is a Traditions Northwest Magnum & legal in western states. New in the box & unfired. Make me an offer.
Thanks, Kirk

It has not been shot & still in the box. Check out the Traditions site & it is the Northwest Magnum. I am working from dark to dark. Will try to get pics this weekend. Can I text them to you?
As far as price, make an offer.
Thanks, Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.