Accumark Trigger Adjustment

Crop Damage

Kinda dumb question, but was wondering if someone could tell me how to adjust the trigger on my accumark. It has a allen screw in front of the trigger, and I fooled with it a little but it hasn't changed anything. Want to lighten it up a little, don't want to mess something up. Thanks.

CD-
The front screws are typically used to adjust the weight of pull..so in backing the screw out, you'll decrease some perceived friction-tension on the forward movement of the trigger.

Take small steps- back your screw out in 1/4 turns increments, then cycle the bolt hard to detect any possible mishaps. But if you should run the screw out too far and it shoots free, be sure to work in a well-lit room and a table with a white table cloth. It doesn't make for a good day to have a spring take flight on ya..

HTH

Thanks. I guess it's OK then to remove the stock from the barreled action, to adjust the trigger? I was worried that would somehow change my POI. Still learning this stuff.

We can set it from 15 ounces to 4 pounds. If we change the spring we can go much lower. I can get you to 2 pounds without taking it out of the stock. Weatherby's come with the best factory triggers.

Thanks for the help. I think I've got it better than it was, don't want to back it out any further, the screw is a little loose now. It took a fair number of turns on it though, to show any improvement, by feel, since I don't have a scale.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.