Accubond BC(actual) .338 225g

Snowrun

Hello all,
Working with a Browning Abolt 338 Win Mag. Have been working loads with 250Berger Elite Hunter, 225 Cutting Edge, and 225 grain Accubonds(recently added). Bergers and Cutting Edge shoot a few tight & then throw fliers 4-5" at 300yds. I'm going to leave those alone until winter as I have a Utah Beaver unit tag for Sept 14th. I have yet to figure out my problem with those bullets but it may be neck trimming?? Nut behind the trigger??
Anyway, recently added Accubonds since i have used them in factory loads with good luck at closer range. Loaded them at 68-69.5 grains touching the lands and they are tight at 68 grains, under .75MOA, opened up & then tightened up again at 69.5.
My question is, has anyone come up with a realistic BC for them? I will chronograph soon but my initial impression at 300 yds is that the BC is over estimated.
Thanks in advance for any help
Shaun

G1 BC 0.48 should get you close. If you swap over to the 225gn Hornady Interbond you can use a G1 BC of 0.53 with confidence.

I also wondered about the actual BC of the 225 accubond. I did an average of Brian Litz's BC of other accubonds which is lower than Nosler's. Generally I tweak the BC by multiplying Nosler's BC by .91

I am using G7 BC of .254

I have used this value and the comeups are correct out to 500 M. I have never needed the turrets as the two elk I killed from my 338 RCM (vel 2750) were both under 150 yds. This bullet works very well on cow elk. Both bullets exited.

Thanks for all the replies. Off to the range this weekend with that info, I'll post up what I end up with.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.