A South African Safari

By Dean Ozanne - I wrote this very long article to be both the story of our hunt, as well as a detailed primer of information for anyone...
By ADMIN · Jan 31, 2019 ·
Rating:
5/5,
  1. ADMIN

ADMIN Administrator

ADMIN submitted a new Article:

A South African Safari

Read more about this article here...

2. StanB

StanB Well-Known Member

Great article Dean, thanks for sharing!

Dean2 likes this.
  3. eastbank

eastbank Active Member

I have hunted Africa five times since 2013, going with a good friend who is married to a south African girl and made friends with his inlaws on the first trip and was invited back and I,m going back this june-july. I have hunted the lodges, but most of my hunts were on private ranches, a few very large. I hunted on two or three ranches on each trip. my good friend-PH lets me use his rifles and we use his trucks and stay at a good friend of his when not in the field. I think I,ve shot 13 different species, giving away or selling the meat and only bringing hide-horns home. we have stayed in tents in botswanna and roughed it(not too bad). we go in their winter 36-40 degrees at night and 75-80 degrees days . if you get a chance to go, go as it will be a trip of a life time. a few of the animal I have taken.

Attached Files:

Dean2 likes this.
  4. Dean2

Dean2 Well-Known Member

Appreciate the kind comments. Eastbank, nice piics, thanks for posting them.