South African gun smith wanted.

Q-Wagoner

Does anyone know of a long range gunsmith in South Africa? I have a good friend that lives there and is looking for a top hand to put together his next rifle. Any contact information would be great.

Thanks and good hunting.

Q,

Contact Louw Van Deventer at Advanced Gunsmithing in Potchefstroom. He understands what is required. Phone 018 297 4702 from within SA. He does not have e-mail and the phone number doubles as a fax number.

Dankie Gerard, if you do gun smiting as well should I have him contact you also? Leonard I will e-mail you later.

Thanks again.

Q,

Q-Wagoner,
I will not be able to take on a smithing project before February or March 2006. If he wants to get started before then, e-mail me what the project entails and let me see if I can recommend the best smith in each area of expertise. Some guys are better than others, with metalwork or stock making, and some have limited access to oddball reamers and gauges. gerard(at)wol.co.za

Hi Dave,
Did I build something for you? I recall your name but if you beat me with a stick I cannot remember in what connection.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gerard,
i guess i can now say i've been forgotten by the best.i've exchanged e-mails with you quite a few times,always appreciate the knowledge you've shared.you didn't answer that last e-mail i sent you,i figured it wasn't a question you wanted to hear.

Dave,
Egg on my face. I found your e-mail about the 7mm and will give you a reply shortly. I am working on a pair of 7mm bullets but did not figure on getting down to a 1:7" twist so I must rethink the range and go to three bullets to cover 7 twist to 9 twist. Do you have the barrel yet?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.