A South African Safari

ADMIN

Administrator
ADMIN submitted a new Article:

A South African Safari

A South African Safari
By Dean Ozanne

Is Hunting South Africa Fair Chase Hunting
This brings up the first thing often debated about hunting South Africa. Is it really fair chase hunting. Virtually all the hunting land in South Africa is privately owned. You cannot hunt the reserves and parks and they represent about all of the crown land there is in South Africa. Many of the farms do have high fences, as much to keep Jackals and other predators out as to keep game in....

Read more about this article here...

I have hunted Africa five times since 2013, going with a good friend who is married to a south African girl and made friends with his inlaws on the first trip and was invited back and I,m going back this june-july. I have hunted the lodges, but most of my hunts were on private ranches, a few very large. I hunted on two or three ranches on each trip. my good friend-PH lets me use his rifles and we use his trucks and stay at a good friend of his when not in the field. I think I,ve shot 13 different species, giving away or selling the meat and only bringing hide-horns home. we have stayed in tents in botswanna and roughed it(not too bad). we go in their winter 36-40 degrees at night and 75-80 degrees days . if you get a chance to go, go as it will be a trip of a life time. a few of the animal I have taken.

Attachments

• DSCN9030 (2).JPG
    DSCN9030 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 214
  • DSCN9565 (2).JPG
    DSCN9565 (2).JPG
    1,011 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN9617 (4).JPG
    DSCN9617 (4).JPG
    534.7 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCN9687 (3).JPG
    DSCN9687 (3).JPG
    540.6 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN9705 (2).JPG
    DSCN9705 (2).JPG
    571.7 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCN1039 (2).JPG
    DSCN1039 (2).JPG
    655.9 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCN8492.JPG
    DSCN8492.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCN8661 (3).JPG
    DSCN8661 (3).JPG
    303.2 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCN8619 (2).JPG
    DSCN8619 (2).JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCN8636 (3).JPG
    DSCN8636 (3).JPG
    361.6 KB · Views: 214
I have hunted there four times. Next time fly through Atlanta. J'burg is nonstop from there and no third world airports. Happy Hunting!
Yes, Dullus, Atlanta, Frankfurt etc are all good choices if you want to avoid third world airports. Also, if you are flying with guns those three and Amsterdam are fairly gun friendly to pass through.

Nice article. Thanks for writing it.

I have gone to Africa multiple times, last summer to Mozambique. While all my experiences have been excellent, it's still not the US, Canada or Europe in terms of how things are organized or how things happen. The variety of game is simply unmatched anywhere else.

Stuart is a great guy and provides a very enjoyable hunt. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Heard from the guys, weather is great and the hunting has been good too. Their winter, which is the best time to hunt, is just starting. Apparently there are some great deals available right now on hunts if you look around a bit.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.