A must have. no BS

kc

I have some Vaccume bags that I use every year it saves on 3/4% of all the storage it can make all my Goose Down vests pack to a flat 3 inches..If you don't have them I got mine at Harbour Frate. Just give them a try one season. My wife never wanted them,but when she saw what it did to my hunting clothes. she is on the same page.

I do the same thing when packing for a trip, however, I use thicker garbage bags! I know they probably dont seal the same, but will get you to your destination. I will do this when I pack for my up coming Wyoming trip.

I'd worry about over compressing my down with this method. People manage to over compress down and synthetics alike without the help of anything other than hands so I'll stay away from this.

I use these for the clothes in my ruck. Compresses for more storage, plus keeps them waterproof and bug free.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.