A Million Dollar Opportunity!! Carbon Rings

Why does the "carbon ring" seem to be more of an issue now than 30 years ago?

New smokeless powders causing more carbon?
Old traditional way of cleaning with a bronze brush and hopes#9 vs newer patch/jag only cleaning?
Something else?
Hotter hand loads than in the past?
Newer " magnum/hot rod" cartridge designs?
Steaper case shoulder design angles?
Use of bore scopes?
New Internet lore/misinformation?

Can't say people didn't shoot as much back then, I know plenty of guys that had thousands of rounds through their rifles.

Why does the "carbon ring" seem to be more of an issue now than 30 years ago?
The only "carbon ring" I saw back in the day was guys trying to be cool with cigarette smoke blowing rings.

However, I do think a lot of the newer powders are contributing, plus factory rifle LR offerings, the casual shooter back then was maybe box/year. Now Joe Schmo can buy a ready to go factory out of box LR rifle, use their smart phone with ballistic app which is another self gratification plus dial up optics. Factory match ammo is now pretty darn good and plugs into ballistic apps nicely. More shooting with new high energy powders from whole new batch of reloaders that learned from YT, have disposable income to buy best of best reloading equipment and components.

Shooting LR years ago was really by guys who built their own since zero factory available and reloaded with non temp stable powders. How on earth did they even hit 100 yd target?

Add in social media look at me self gratification 🐂💩 and voila! We now have carbon rings.

a rifle that is shot alot can have issues with carbon rings, hunting rifle will never have this issue, unless hunting prarie dogs
Even a hunting rifle will have issues with this if its a large bore magnum. The newer higher capacity cases & chamber designs tend to be more sensitive to carbon rings because of the tighter tolerances in modern chamber designs.