A Little Off The Top

just_jon

I met the local club range idiot this morning and it turned out to be me. I was having a great session up until the point where I put a 196 hammer hunter into my chronograph. I had just changed rifles and lowered my front rest just a bit too much. I

Attachments

• CBDB62F0-782B-4121-A97A-DCC019381EE8.jpeg
    CBDB62F0-782B-4121-A97A-DCC019381EE8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 821
Been there done that though I smoked mine with a 1 1/4 oz slug I reload @1500 fps. Same way, lowered front rest for different rifle and forgot to raise it for my slug gun.

Wish I could have chronographed my chronograph going down range being hit with that slug.!! Shattered beyond recognition. Impressive is weak description.

I called Pro Chrono and I told them I struck the chronograph, she said send it in for repair. Explained what happened. She never stopped laughing up to hanging up but I did get new one at nice price.

I met the local club range idiot this morning and it turned out to be me. I was having a great session up until the point where I put a 196 hammer hunter into my chronograph. I had just changed rifles and lowered my front rest just a bit too much. I

just_jon, ProChrono used to have an offer (possibly still do), that if this happens, they will replace it for a reduced price over buying a new one. I haven't had to use their offer....yet..... I think you have to return the damaged part to them (they will provide a shipping label), but you can get a new one for about half the price.
If you check into it, would you please post your results here? thanks

Last edited: