A little help please my friends- 338 Lapua

You may be able to get away with running the 270 grain Badland Precision super bulldozer. It has a .401 G7 that I have been running, and with the velocity you can get over a 300 grain berger, it is right on it's heels for wind drift. If your shooting a sierra 300, it has significantly less wind drift. May be worth checking out. But if it wouldn'twork, the 240 Super bulldozer may be a good option, it has a .710 G7 (vs .685 for the 250 Berger) and would be an awesome flat shooting hunting round, with less wind drift and likely more energy than the 250 Berger much past 400 yds.

I have loaded the badlands in a couple different rifles, and they have given me fantastic accuracy, very easily.

Thanks Cody....look like ATips... haven't heard of the brand in Canada...like Hammer they probably aren't exporting here....yet

Well crap.....sorry bud. They are made in north dakota. They are a mono. I'm testing them out on critters this year
Let me know how you make out with them please. I made some great friends in Sidney Montana...I plan one day to go back for a pot luck lunch with all again. I can order them to one of their homes

Let me know how you make out with them please. I made some great friends in Sidney Montana...I plan one day to go back for a pot luck lunch with all again. I can order them to one of their homes
Will do, I have a thread started on it. I'll add to it. Should get a few pronghorn this weekend.....a 338 is a little overkill, but what the heck....ha ha

Will do, I have a thread started on it. I'll add to it. Should get a few pronghorn this weekend.....a 338 is a little overkill, but what the heck....ha ha
I hunted with a 460 WM for 20 years and had only two things to say when anyone asked...1 life ends at 460 and 2....dead is dead...no such thing as OVERKILL!

The 265 ABLR may also be one to look at. As far as Canada, I don't believe there are many other options for high bc long range bullets other than the ones mentioned, unless there are some bullet manufacturers up there that I am unaware of....also very possible.

Too bad the 285s didn't work for you. In my 338 NM, they print just as good as the 300s. I worked up the 265 ABLR this year and I'm getting 2925 fps and 1" vertical spread at 550 yards. I haven't taken them out further.

What are you fellas shooting for Bullet selection ( brand and weight) for best accuracy in 338 Lapua. This is the only caliber I'm struggling in! Did get very good results with 300 gr. Sierra Game King...285 Hornaday...not so....270 Hornaday not a hope...any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks very much!
I have put my 338 on steel 4' square accurately at 2000 yds using 250 gr scenar BTHP with US 869 powder 104 grains range was in Raton NM at Whittington

I'm running the 270 ELDx on top of 89.5gr of RL 26 in Lapua brass, Fed GM215m primers and having really good luck. I'd have to doublecheck but I believe I'm 0.025 OTL. I did have to play a bit with seating depth. They'll mag feed in my Weatherby action but don't fit in my Wyatts DBM on my other gun. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.