9mm AR builds?

engineer40

Any of you guys have 9mm AR's? Care to share any details on them? From my research so far, it looks like no matter if I buy one or build one, I'll have close to $1,000 into it.

This is going to be dedicated to use with my Slide Fire stock. 9mm is much quicker to reload for than 223. (and cheaper).

Thanks!

If I was to build a 9mm calibered AR, it would be chambered in .357 Sig.

If I was to build a pistol round specific AR, it would be chambered in 10mm Auto. :cool:

If I was to build a 9mm calibered AR, it would be chambered in .357 Sig.

If I was to build a pistol round specific AR, it would be chambered in 10mm Auto. :cool:

I'm a huge fan of both of those cartridges! I do have a pistol caliber carbine in the 10mm's little brother right now.

For this specific project, I think I'm going to stick with the traditional 9mm as the components are so plentiful and inexpensive. A Slide Fire setup can go through a ton of ammo unbelievably fast.

For anyone not familiar with the Slide Fire stocks there are many videos on YT. Here is a quick one also. (He says they are $375, but I only paid $125 for mine).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6BFarrICWs

[ame]https://youtu.be/I6BFarrICWs[/ame]

Ya about the same to buy as build. You have the only reason to do a 9mm. Other than that the round is terrible in a carbine. But I never thought of that for the slide fire. I just run cheap pmc 223 in mine. If you like the slide fire you would love the tac con. Takes a bit of practice but you can have it down in about 100 rounds.

Ya about the same to buy as build. You have the only reason to do a 9mm. Other than that the round is terrible in a carbine. But I never thought of that for the slide fire. I just run cheap pmc 223 in mine. If you like the slide fire you would love the tac con. Takes a bit of practice but you can have it down in about 100 rounds.

I didn't even know about the Tac Con. From the YT videos I can't really tell how it works. Obviously I'm assuming it doesn't modify the trigger group. Does it still aid in bump firing?

So you have both a slide fire and a tac con correct? Do you prefer one over the other? Thanks!

It's not as easy to use as the slide fire. That being said I much prefer the tac con. So much more control and when in hunting situations I get my preferred stock and a pretty decent trigger. Tac con works like a slide fire in the trigger system. U just need to get a feel for the rebound. Yes I have both and both are fun I just prefer the tac con.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.