AR build parts?

DXHI

Looking for recommendations for bolt carrier groups.. And gas blocks.. Will be building both a carbine and a "as long a range as I can " one

I went with Cryptic Coatings BCG and a Syrac adjustable gas block. The BCG is made by Toolcraft. It is the finest machined BCG that I personally have ever seen. The only other BCG I would use is Rubber City.

You can't go wrong with either. The Syrac block is and all I will use.

Just your run of the mill mil spec BCG you serve you well if you want high end go all hard chrome covered. That Syrac ordinance gas block is a good one but really not nessasary imo unless your running suppressed. The cheap DPMS low pro's are cheap and work just fine. For your longrange rig I recommend a DPMS slick side or Mega SBU upper reciever there thick walled and will handle the long bull barrel better than mil spec.

Mega Arms AR-15 SBU Billet Upper without Side Charging Handle Slot

White Oak Armament

Believe it or not two of my cheaper barrels actually rival the accuracy of some of my "Match grade" barrels. They are from Midway. I think about $140 each 18 inch Wylde straight fluted SS 1:8. IMO the mid length gas tube is easier on the buffer weight because of less pressure. I polish the barrels inside and out. I use a Led Sled to dial in the scopes and these two barrels produces clover leaf three shot groups the first time at the range. With just bulk FMJ's

another thing is 18 inch have consistently gained up to 100 fps over a 16 inch.

I buy micro gas blocks made out of steel or aluminum for under $20 and mid length gas tubes for about $10 from . I buy Anderson forged uppers and lowers

You can find cheap flash hiders and or muzzle brakes on amazon

I used to buy Ares Armor Complete BCG Nickel Boron Auto bolts. I now buy these.

https://www.pegasusdefense.com/store/products/1696/arm16-nickel-boron-9310-mpi-bolt-carrier-group

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.